autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro Essence

Did you happen to go with something more aggressive after doing your test spot or did you stick with essence all around?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I bet you would have been very impressed if you had done some testing with Essence on a MF cutting pad.

If you've seen my review on Essence, I have a photo showing the defect removal I was able to achieve on harder Audi paint with this combo. It was great for a finishing polish, and the clarity was also impressive.
    I was watching for your review very closely, including the AAP one. I do have a S4 lined up for the first week in december and my first inclination is Essence with MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny9447537 View Post
    Did you happen to go with something more aggressive after doing your test spot or did you stick with essence all around?
    Nope, this project wasn't necessarily about getting major correction as the owner will likely take it to a brush car wash on occasion. The pad and product combo was set before the car even got to my place, it was a matter of playing with the product only since, as I said, I wanted to use some cheap pads that can be disposed of if they harden after a few days of sitting around without cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work. How does this compare to another popular AIO that has gotten alot of great reviews and that would be HD Speed?

As others have said this sounds pad dependant so anybody use this with CarPro Flash pad yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StephenK View Post
    Nice work. How does this compare to another popular AIO that has gotten alot of great reviews and that would be HD Speed?

As others have said this sounds pad dependant so anybody use this with CarPro Flash pad yet?

Speed and Essence have very different compositions although can be used for a similar purpose.

Speed can be worked longer, but I normally don't because of how I price AIO work. Essence for me can only take a couple passes before it's done.

Speed is pretty much bubba proof. Essence isn't necessarily difficult but requires some attention.

Speed can be a stand alone, although I top it with a spray sealant. Essence is best topped, although I've been using a similar procedure of topping with either Gtechniq c2v3 or Reload.

Speed has OK beading and sheeting. I have observed Essence beading and sheeting, but Corey did indicate it was not great.

Both can fill; both amp up gloss; both wipe off easily; both look great.

To me the difference is longevity and application. I'd never use Speed before a coating nor after a coating. I wouldn't use Essence at my current AIO price either. To me Speed is at home in traditional AIO (quick hitter) work. Essence is at home as coating prep, as a base for a topper, an intentional filler for thin paint and perhaps a recoat prep.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

What was the result with the pad after a few days, did the essence wash out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boejoula View Post
    What was the result with the pad after a few days, did the essence wash out?

Thanks for calling me out in that. I'll get pictures posted, hopefully yet tonight (after Santa delivers presents). But after letting the pads sit for 2 weeks untouched, everything seemed to wash out fine, pads were not crusty and performed well the next time around on relatively soft single stage porsche paint.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

That's good to hear.

How good does it cut? Would you say it's good to run right after FG400?

Post Thanks / Like

Used essence today with GG6, speed 3, 5 inch vented plate and orange SDO pad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

9. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get great results from essence + blackfire si02 spray, much easier application than essence+reload.
    Glen -

11. Likes glfnaz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro Essence

Nice results chap.

Essence is an AIO with wax, right?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast