autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Engine Degreaser Review

This is my review of the new Blackfire's Detailer's Choice Engine Degreaser. Meghan was kind enough to throw a bottle in my last order and asked that I give it review. I recently did a maintencenace detail on a 2000 Jag XK8 and asked the client if she would mind if I gave it a try. The engine bag was not overly dirty but there were some areas that needed a cleanup. This was probably not the best engine to test a heavy degreaser on but it needed a cleanup in many areas.

Product Description:

BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser is a non-toxic, biodegradable formula used to remove crud and oil from your engine and surrounding areas. BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser uses a gentle formula that will not harm your engine’s components or the paint, plastic, and glass surrounding your engine compartment. Engine bays are a dirty area – they’re exposed to oils, dirt, grime, and all sorts of other crud – but BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser will get that cleaned in no time!

Cost: $24.99 for 32 ounces

Process:

I first went over the engine with a vac to get any loose leaves and pine needles that had accumulated in the engine bay. I then sprayed Blackfire's Engine Degreaser over the engine bay and let it dwell for about 3 minutes. I agitated with a boars hair wheel brush and various towels soaked in ONR. I don't like ingesting a ton of water into engine bays especially older type Jags.

Although Blackfire's Engine Degreaser says it is safe for all surfaces I did take care in covering the painted fender's etc to avoid any overspray. One of the first things I noticed was the non "overly toxic" smell you get from most APC's etc causing you to gag and cough. Blackfire's Engine Degreaser cleaned extremely well with very little agitation and most of the dirt was removed with a simple pass from the ONR soaked towel.

The engine was then dressed with Blackfire's Multi Surface Concentrate at a 4:1 ratio. This provided just a tad might of gloss without an overly greasy look. I was very pleased with how this product performed and I wouldn't hesitate to reach for this Blackfire's Engine Degreaser when a heavy degreaser type product is needed.

Pics:

Before

After and dressed with Blackfire Multi Surface 4:1

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes PA DETAILER, Farson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Engine Degreaser Review

Nice. It's on my radar to try after I use up the Sonax engine cleaner.
    2018 Colorado ZR2