autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro Essence Reviewed! 6 Months of Testing by OCDetail

Just to clarify a little. I did testing with this to see how it preformed every which way. The way I currently use it is on fully corrected paint prior to coating. Everyone here has "chased the dragon" on a jet black car. When no matter what you do under the brightest point lights there is still a tiny amount of haze. IF you get to this point the car should be blinding in any light. But what essence does is actually fill this little haze. And to my eyes makes a shine I've never been able to achieve. I don't know how to explain it but the gloss level achieved is nuts. There are reflect abrasives in this and Just too see how much haze was removed vs filled I used it as a stand alone polish against compounding haze and immediately did a strong wipe dow after. What I saw was the light haze pattern was gone, even ones created from a rotary polish were actually removed but the very faint haze under bright lights I talk about was visible again because I gave it no cure time. And honestly I can run around a car with this just as fast as I can IPA or eraser a car so its win win in my books. Right after I started using this I started getting people saying I was photo shopping pics online... Because they just look un real. Well in person its the same affect. There are only a hand full times I walked in the shop and had to do a double take on a car we finished. Well since essence all of them are like that. "Holy GLOSSY! DO YOU SEE THAT GUYS!!" Wow we are awesome Ryan! Ryan my number one in the shop who does most the correction work these days and supervises other employees so I can sit on auto geek all day...I mean work on the business not in... Yeah that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    i understand - it says that because they can't be sure you are going to use Hyper. i've looked into it with them.

Conman does make some good points. personally i don't agree with the expense for those benefits (additional gloss, "boosting" a coating prior to installation), but i DO agree with the expense for the points i mentioned. there is nothing on the market like that, at least that i'm aware of. this is the first one.

different strokes, amirite?
    Definitely. Didn't know that about Hyper either, thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this aggressive enough to remove OC 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like

i understand - it says that because they can't be sure you are going to use Hyper. i've looked into it with them.

Conman does make some good points. personally i don't agree with the expense for those benefits (additional gloss, "boosting" a coating prior to installation), but i DO agree with the expense for the points i mentioned. there is nothing on the market like that, at least that i'm aware of. this is the first one.

different strokes, amirite?
    There is a noticeable difference in gloss when using Essence, even after the paint is fully polished. I just finished up a car doing a full 2-step correction followed by Essence as a primer and the difference was impressive. I would say it added "richness" to the paint. I would much rather use this prior to coating than Eraser or IPA.

Just my $.02
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    There is a noticeable difference in gloss when using Essence, even after the paint is fully polished. I just finished up a car doing a full 2-step correction followed by Essence as a primer and the difference was impressive. I would say it added "richness" to the paint. I would much rather use this prior to coating than Eraser or IPA.

Just my $.02
    that's good info.

would you say the richness was similar to what happens when coated with CQF?
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Chad, thanks for all of your input, how do you apply Essence with a Boss? Pad,speed....? I'm talking after a correction, and right before a coating.Thank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

that's good info.

would you say the richness was similar to what happens when coated with CQF?

I'd say it's similar, but I'll have to do a 50/50 and see if it darkens it at all like Finest does.

It's like the below pics, but not as extreme as this first pic wasn't fully finished yet.

Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Chad, thanks for all of your input, how do you apply Essence with a Boss? Pad,speed....? I'm talking after a correction, and right before a coating.Thank you in advance.
    Yes, I used the G21, Speed 4. I've tried it with a few different pads now but on the Audi above I used a yellow BOSS pad. I worked it longer on this car too as this was a repaint and Essence didn't like being short cycled for some reason. Once I worked it longer it was oh so nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Yes, I used the G21, Speed 4. I've tried it with a few different pads now but on the Audi above I used a yellow BOSS pad. I worked it longer on this car too as this was a repaint and Essence didn't like being short cycled for some reason. Once I worked it longer it was oh so nice!
    I love it with a 12mm rupes. The pad marks you get on some paint completely stopped happening when I use the Duetto. Try it chad with gloss pad and it'll blind you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    I love it with a 12mm rupes. The pad marks you get on some paint completely stopped happening when I use the Duetto. Try it chad with gloss pad and it'll blind you.
    I was never really impressed with the Duetto and NXT so I never bought one.

I was using it on the G15 with a gloss pad for a while but it had the same issue. Tried a few different things but once I worked it longer there was no more issues.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast