autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2

PRODUCT REVIEW: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2

Introduction:
    I have reviewed the first generation v1 coating upon release. With that out of the way this is the second-generation product with more updates to the product that provides better water beading characteristics throughout the life of the coating and longer working time to return a better user experience when applying to your paint.

Product Description:
    Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating is a ceramic coating that creates an extremely glossy, impenetrable layer of protection on your vehicle’s paint. Formulated using the most advanced nano-glass ceramic particles available in a paint coating, Diamond Paint Coating shields your vehicle against UV rays, airborne contaminants, dirt, acid rain, road salt, and other common pollutants that attack your vehicle on a regular basis. Spray and wipe application lasts up to 3 years!

Product Details:
    Black Label Diamond Paint Coating with its nano-glass formula is resistant to alkaline cleaners, degreasers, and harsh detergents. Compared to your clear coat, Diamond Paint Coating is more resistant to scratches and marring. The nano-glass formula forms such a hard shell of protection that virtually nothing can penetrate or stick to it, making your vehicle retain that just-detailed shine for years!

Another advantage to Black Label Diamond Paint Coating is the self-cleaning effect that it provides. The nano-glass formula fills in the microscopic pits, pores, and valleys of your vehicle’s paint, creating a perfectly smooth, flat surface. Dirt and road grime will be removed with virtually no effort, making your vehicle easier to clean and maintain.

Directions:
    1. Ensure surface is cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight.
    2. Place your hand in a plastic sandwich baggy and feel the paint. If it feels rough or gritty, use Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay.
    3. Polish the surface using Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. This step is crucial as it removes polishing oils that would otherwise prevent the coating from properly bonding.
    4. Working one panel at a time, spray Diamond Paint Coating directly onto the paint and evenly distribute using a Lake Country Coating Applicator.
    5. Work the coating into the paint until it disappears.
    If high spots occur, lightly buff with a Gold Plush Microfiber Towel.

PROS:
    Relatively easy to apply
    Pump mist applicator gives user control of product
    Leveled fairly easy with mf towel within short time

CONS:
    Flashed too quickly IME

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=flwBh6zz_5M[/video]

Conclusion:
    This coating returned ease of use while spreading out however I experienced a pretty quick flash rate with it. I was able to work an entire panel such as the front fender as in my video however when I was finished spreading the product I had to immediately grab the mf towel and begin to level the coating to return the results of a coating without leaving high spots behind. I would say there was a 30-45 second flash time before the product would become very difficult to level out.

It was rather warm where I was working and this could have had the effect on the application that I experienced. Once I got all my ducks in a row and began systematically working on a shorter time frame between application and wipe off I was greeted with an overall better application process with excellent results.

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating

Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

Lake Country Coating Applicator

Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2

The quick response time to level coupled with having to be a contortionist to see your work makes coatings imo still not user friendly enough for most users. Couple that with various environmental gotcha's and lack of experience makes coatings still open to much improvement. It's even questionable about longevity given the issues with etching, water spotting and proper prep which must be perfect. Just lots of variables to deal with.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2

Well, it looked great.

Surprised about the flash time, I know you said it was warm, but it looked like a controlled environment.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that car is incredibly glossy. What is that, some sort of wash bay behind the shower curtains?

Post Thanks / Like

Great video Mike! Car looks amazing buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I agree with you on the flash time. I actually used a little more spritzes on the paint than you did and applied it a little thicker to allow myself a longer working time with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used the dp coating that is the same style of application as this one? If so, how do they compare? I currently offer the DP version as my budget coating option to clients and didn't know if the extra cost was worth it to jump to the black label option.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review as always Mike.

In the video, I would recommend 2-3 more sprays for a panel that size. This ensures uniform coverage.

In the description of Diamond Paint Coating V2, we introduce the new formula with the following description: Diamond Paint Coating v2 provides stronger water beading throughout the lifespan of the coating. A longer working time makes it even easier to apply the coating to your paint.

The "longer working time" is achieved by a formula that contains more "solids." That's layman's terms for nano-glass ceramic particles. With a higher concentration of "the good stuff" in V2, more of what actually protects the paint is deposited with each spray. This means V2 creates a thicker film of protection on the surface, hence the stronger water beading throughout the lifespan of the coating. V2 is impressive stuff, and I would encourage anyone to compare it to the best coatings currently available.

With that being said, it's still arguably the most forgiving paint coating on the market. Not only that, but it makes the user and/or customer (if you detail for money) feel warm and fuzzy because it leaves the paint slick, as opposed to grabby. And the shine, well, it delivers what Pinnacle products are known for.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Forget the coating...that gloss is out of the yard! Now THAT's prep work boyz n girlz!

Mike, outstanding results my friend. I think Ford needs to package a deal...all new Ford Focus ST's sold worldwide get shipped to Germany for Mike's Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Man that Focus looks great! Nice work Mike.

Q: What was the ambient air temperature when you applied Diamond Paint Coating V2? I see you're in a tee-shirt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast