autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Pinnacle Advanced Compound & Advanced Finishing Polish

I have been lagging on some reviews lately. Nick included this as part of the kit that included Black Label V2. I will get that review out shortly as well. These were not products to be reviewed but there is not much on them and I figured this would help those who are interested in these two products.

Here are the links to both products. Nick included the 8 oz versions.

Pinnacle Advanced Compound, swirl remover

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

Advanced Compound:

I tested this out on the side pillars of the car. I used a 3" Lake Country Cyan Hydrotech foam pad on my PC7424XP. Working time is very good and it cuts great. For those looking for a compound that has very little dust then this is one to consider. Comparing it to Meguiar's M100, Pinnacle dust less. It cut just as good as M100. I have had M100 finish LSP ready but the paint was LSP ready after using Advanced Compound. Overall it's a great product.

The compound is white. I can't recall the scent.

Advanced Finishing Polish:

The polish is grey in color. I also can't recall the scent. I used this on the pillars as well as my initial test spot. I used a 3" Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech foam pad on my PC7424XP. It has a log working time. From what I saw, it had good correction. From what I could tell it didn't leave anything behind comparing it to Meguiar's M205. Correction is just as good as M205. Overall a great product. I have not cleaned my pads yet so I am not sure if the grey color will stain pads.

Here's a 50/50 of my initial test spot with the finishing polish. I think it's pretty obvious which one was corrected.

Here's the 50/50 of the left pillar which was compounded and then polished. I repeated the same process on the right pillar.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Pinnacle Advanced Compound & Advanced Finishing Polish

I see the first picture looks pretty good with just the finishing polish on the polishing pad. The second picture shows great defect removal while finishing up very clearly.

Thanks for sharing this mini review.