autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's RV One-Step Compound, Polish & Wax

Not going to waste my time writing a more indepth review cause it seems there arent many comments on my other reviews.

I give this stuff a for ease of use and cutting ability. Cant say what the protection is yet.

These are my results with Flex 3401, Orange flat pad, 3 section passes.

Before

Bottom half polished

Got rid of some streaks from the aluminum drips

Some minor swirl & scratch removal

"Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's RV One-Step Compound, Polish & Wax

That's an impressive 50:50 shot you have there! With those results I can see it getting a lot of use in the automotive arena, kind of like DG501 has.

Keep us posted on the durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Nice work

Post Thanks / Like

I would like it to be reviewed on a destroyed finish nice work .

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, The trailer lives right down the road from me and it is a snowmobile trailer so I will have to pop in and ask how its going.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My father, brother and I each own 24' snowmobile trailers (in white, black & champange) and were always willing to try something new. Looking at your 50/50 pics, I think I will have to purchase some on my next order. Thank you for taking the time to post your results.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy a bigger bottle than you think ud need. Seems to me I use much more product on the trailers I've done than with cars. Almost 12 oz on this 14' trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I am going to try and explain this. Maybe someone can tell me why.

While using the McKee's I noticed it was VERY difficult to get all the polishing oils off. I could always see the last section pass (most of it). I tried less product, more product, smaller sections, light pressure passes at the end, cleaned pads more often, more pressure, slower hand movements. Basically NOTHING but a completely clean (as in NEW, only 1 or 2 sections) would not show after wipe down. I had a similar problem with the McKee's cleaner wax on the other trailer I did last month.

I decided to myself that this is how it goes when you are doing a surface such as the trailers I am doing.

This is where my experiment with HD Speed comes in. Today was my first time using speed. Well the speed wiped off completely with almost NO effort what so ever. I even used it in direct sunlight (against what the package recommends) and 3-4 section passes wiped right off. No trace of my section passes at all. I did 6 sections with a cleaned pad. The McKees would only do about 2 sections before the pad was toast.

Anyone have any ideas what, why, or how this can be? Is it cause McKee's is new and needs more work and HD has the AIO down? I have been so frustrated using the McKee's that I wanted to give up. Glad I at least tried the speed. Next trailer I get will for sure be with Speed.