autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review of McKee's RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer

I next tried the McKee's Vinyl & Graphic restorer on my Travel trailer's vinyl decals , as it was one of the products I received from Autogeek to review. I can say that I am very happy with the results I obtained!

First of all, I throughly washed my travel trailer with the McKee's Wash and Wax RV Shampoo. Second, I used the McKee's Black Streak Remover to get rid of the unsightly black streaks that were on my travel trailer's exterior. Since the black streak remover warns you not to get that product on vinyl decals, I decided that I would try this product out next just in case Bkack streak remover accidentally got on the decals.

The smell has a slight chemical odor to it. The bottle isn't large but a little product truly does go a long way. (Be sure to wear gloves to apply this product. I used throw away gloves as this product can be absorbed in your skin). Also make sure you shake the bottle well to mix up any settled ingredients in the product. I failed to mention this in my other reviews about the RV product but I wore sunglasses while working on my travel trailer. I wore my sunglasses for two reasons, to protect my eyes from any of these products splashing or getting sprayed in my eyes and also because the sun was bright and it helped take the glare off my travel trailer I was busy working on and trying to detail.

After I shook the bottle well and had my disposable gloves on, I applied a quarter sized amount of the product on a microfiber pad. I started working the product over the various decals on my trailer. In my opinion, you should take your time applying this product and working it over the vinyl decals. You want to make sure the product is I sorted into each decal and it will protect the decals from fading and help restore a glossy look to the decals, The product added a gloss to the decals and a water resistant film that helps preserve and protect the decals exposed to the elements. I noticed a difference in the decals on my trailer after applying this product to them. They looked more brilliant and glossy than they did before I had applied the product to the decals. I saw an immediate difference between the decals I had already applied the product to as opposed to the ones I hasn't applied the product to yet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review of McKee's RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's Vinyl Decal & Graphic restorer

Before product put on decal

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review of McKee's RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

After product put on decal...I took several pictures of the before and after decal shots , trying to show the marked difference in them but the lighting doesn't let it show up exactly how it looked. I could tell a difference when I was working on the decals myself but, unfortunately, the pictures I managed to take don't show the differences that were apparent in person. I am hoping that someone else reviewing this product can actually capture the differences in their before and after photographs of the decals to show you all what I am talking about.
    The bottom line is this...This is a good product and I will definitely be buying it in the future!

Post Thanks / Like

Another "after" close up after product added to one of the decals