autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vapamore MR-100 Primo review

I've been wanting a steam cleaner for awhile now, I don't have the room or the $$$ for a commercial one. I narrowed it down to the McCulloch MC1835, Dupray One & Vapamore MR-100. I couldn't really find any in depth reviews of any of them. I ended up getting the Vapamore since it has nice specs and is right in the middle price wise. I have never owned, or even used a steam cleaner so this is my 1st Soirée with one.

Appearance is a subjective thing, but I really like the bright ass yellow color of the Vapamore. It feels well built, not heavy or to light. I filled it with 1.5 liters of distilled water and it took around 11 minutes to fully heat up. it doesn't have a steam pressure gauge like the other 2 I was looking at. But it seemed to give a good amount before I had to stop, and even then it would just take a few seconds to get it back Unfortunately my car's a 2 seater and the interiors in good shape. I want to track down a car in bad shape to test this on. So for now I thought the next best route would be my bathroom. Not a vehicle, but it definitely needed to be cleaned. And would be a good initial test for it.

Specs:

• Heating Element: 1500w

• Steam Pressure: 3.5 Bar

• Steam Temp.: 210-220°F

• Tank Capacity: 1.6 L

• Steam Time: 50-60 min

• Heating Time: 11 min

• Flow Rate: 40g / min

• Sound Level: 30 db

• Power Cord Length: 18'

• Steam Hose Length: 6'

• Max Reach: 10'

• Weight: 10.5lbs

• ETL Certified

This is the attachment storage compartment open, the attachments twist into place and they don't move even if you bang it around. I like anything that reduces clutter so this is a big plus for me. The $599 Dupray One doesn't have this. The Dupray also has a cord you have to manually wind up, where this has a retractable cord, a feature I absolutely love. I kept the steam level set to medium, it produced plenty at a pretty good PSI.

On the other side there's a small clip where you can insert the gun if you have an extension or 2 hooked up to it.

On to my bathroom: DISCLAIMER:

PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME LOL!

After I took the before pics I was looking at them and was thinking "UGH my tub can't possibly look that bad!" but apparently it does, or at least worse than I thought. I "clean" it, but obviously not good enough lol. As for the rest of the bathroom it looked a lot better, just the tub was out of whack.

This a dry steam vapor machine, which is suppose to produce a dryer steam. There's still liquid in it obviously, but it's not as liquidy. Yes I know that's not a word lol. With the small nylon brush it pretty much melted away whatever the built up gunk was. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. By hand this would have been a lot of scrubbing. I fast and lightly scrubbed followed by a quick wipe with a towel for the after pics. I was impressed at how easy it was and how effortless it was. Oh, and no chemicals is a plus. I did end up trying out the nozzle attachment to get in the corners, but honestly I didn't spend much time at all. The after pics are from a few minutes of work. I could have gotten better results with more work, but I was kind of pressed for time. The yellow whatever stuff around the drain would have taken all sorts of spraying of CLR and scrubbing to remove. I will NEVER clean my bathroom the old way again, you can even do windows with the squeegee attachment. I cannot wait to find a car with neglected interior to try this puppy on.

AFTER PIC

BEFORE PIC

AFTER PIC

And again, I put in almost no effort or time to get these results, with another 10 minutes I could have gotten had it looking better. From my short test time with it, this seems like a very nice machine. At $299 it's not what I'd consider cheap, but I suppose it's not expensive either. The specs are very close to the Dupray which is twice the price. I'd like to use one to see how the compare. I will find everything else I can to test this on, if today was any indicator and it holds up. This is probably my favorite buy in a long time. Anyone looking for a steamer should at least consider this one. Only thing I wish it had which it doesn't is a triangle shaped attachment like the Dupray. Maybe Vapamore will come out with one.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vapamore MR-100 Primo review

In a day or 2 I'll do my engine bay and shoot some video and post them

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on this steamer after a year and a half? I'm looking to get one and see a lot of positive initial reviews, but how about after quite some time? Do you still love it?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by engineerwolf View Post
    Any updates on this steamer after a year and a half? I'm looking to get one and see a lot of positive initial reviews, but how about after quite some time? Do you still love it?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    BUUMP

I know this is WAAAAAY longer than the year and a half you asked for, sorry I forgot about this thread. Up until the day someone stole it from the garage I LOVED the machine. Going to order another I miss it a lot.