autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

griots boss system correcting a lexus gs350

Hello guys I hope everyone is doing well. Haven’t been here In a while. Thank god ive been busy with my detailing business. When I first started I remember how the debate around that time was either a flex vs a rupes. Did my re-searching and I ended up with a rupes 21. The machine has served me well and other than that it bogs down a bit on curved panels the machine has been great. Recently I was in the market for a 15 long throw polisher and it just so happened that the griots boss had just hit the market. So I was very intrigued on what they had to offer. After reading and watching a couple of videos and articles I decided to pull the trigger on it. Not only on the g15 but on the whole boss system creams and pads. So far I’ve done paint correction on 3 cars using the boss system and I can’t begin to tell you how impress I am. So impressed, that I decided to document and post a review on it. In this recent project we did a dark color car (blue) lexus gs350 that was severely swirled out. The folks at griots have really hit a homerun with their fast correcting cream and fast correcting foam pads. This combination alone will demolish and erase swirls and imperfections in little time. For what its worth I have my g15 with a washer mod. The g15 is an amazing tool, from the way that the different grip pads are laid out on the machine to just the over all feel of the machine is perfect. You squeeze the trigger and it yells POWER! It does bog down a bit, but not as much as the rupes. But I’m not here to compare it to the rupes, ,its really not fair to the griots folks. If they spent over 2 years developing this quality tool for us you better believe its DIFFERENT.
    Griots Garage BOSS G15 Long-Throw Orbital Polisher

Anyways, let me start by showing you how I prepped the car. Of course wheel and tires first.
    Ive been using optimum ferrex a lot lately. I really like it, it does what its suppose to do and without melting your nostrils with rotten egg smell.

Wheel woolies to clean the wheels safely

Lets not forget the lugnuts!

Or the fender walls
    [url=http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/98613]
    TADA!

Some foam canon action loaded with 3d pink car soap..i really like this soap. So thick!

Look at that! This is the part where most kids go and grab their phone and post on Instagram that theyre getting a detail… they love this.

Rinsed out the foam bath and started my 2 bucket wash with onr

I used the speedy prep clay mitt with onr as my lube

Drying with a waffle weave drying towel

it was time to bring it inside and look at what we have here.

A bit closer.

You get the picture.. the paint is in bad shape.
    I decided to go with the white fast correcting foam pad with the fast correcting cream combo
    Griots Garage BOSS 5.5 inch White FAST Correcting Pad - 2 Pack
    Griots Garage Fast Correcting Cream
    this combo is insane. Not only does it cuts imperfections fast but it also finishes down so well.. almost lsp ready! No hazing, no marring.. no nothing.. just a beautiful finish as youll see now.
    Here are some 50/50’s ..5 passes, speed 5.5, letting the polisher do the work with just a light pressure.

Another one with a different angle on the lighting.

Poetry in motion.

To wrap things up I use finishing sealant with the finishing black foam pad. i worked in the finising sealant by doing 3-4 passes. In a way I feel that they’ve design this product to be a 2 in 1. A finishing polish with a blend of sealant. This step really gives it the WOW factor in my opinion.
    Griots Garage BOSS Finishing Sealant
    Griots Garage BOSS 5.5 inch Black Finishing Pad
    if you haven’t tried any of their creams yet, I suggest you try this combo first!

Here’s how the paint looked after the 2 step paint correction inside my shop.

And of course some sun shots
    Beautiful finish.

Im really happy with how fast the system is working for me. I really like the low profile pads and their cutting/polishing abilities. The creams don’t create dust, looooongg working time and for what its worth they smell pleasant! Thank you griots you guys have really made detailing a lot easier. Very impressed with the overall system I have no complaints, the pads work well, the creams work well and the machine is so powerful and I’ve yet to experience any issues with it what so ever. This detail took about 5-6 hours in just polishing and the machine didn’t get hot at all it just delivered pure power and precision with every squeeze of the trigger. Again, thank you griots!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: griots boss system correcting a lexus gs350

awesome!
    i am the jump starter.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work! I haven't used their polishes but I love my G21

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work as usual Josue!

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed reading that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. Great review and excellent use of the products. The car looks great. Very nice work.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! I like the fact that you have had experience with the Rupes System, prior to purchasing the new Griots. I've been eying the Boss System to add to my Flex3401 and Porter Cable 7424XP. Have you tried any Lake Country pads with the Griots Boss or only the Boss Specific pads?
    Keep Calm... and Detail On!

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work, that was a pleasure reading your opinion of the Boss system. Just wondering why did you go with the 15 instead of the 21?

Post Thanks / Like

In his original text he states he has a Rupes 21

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast