autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator

For this review I'm going to share my experience using Carrand’s excellent Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator:

From AG’s copy:
    The Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator applies tire dressings evenly and neatly. Feathered bristles distribute the tire protectant while the sliding rim guard keeps your hands clean. Apply tire dressing just like the pros do it with the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator!
    I started using Carrand’s brush after a messy experience applying a water-based tire dressing with manufacture. Just getting the dressing onto the tire was a challenge because as soon as you tilted the sponge the dressing ran straight off! However with a brush, the bristles hold onto the dressing providing greater control while reducing wasted product!

To help illustrate this point, here’s an example of DP’s tire coat thin milky consistency being suspended in the brushes bristles waiting to be applied:

Notice how the product is suspended at the face of the feathered bristles and not sinking in?

I also appreciate how easy this brush is to hold. It has a nice thick end with a slight inside lip that fits comfortably into your hand while reducing fatigue and increasing application control:

It also has this neat “sliding rim guard” feature that keeps you hands clean when more up close detailed work is required:

Here’s an example of the brush in action. Below I’ve applied BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant to the tire, first in a clockwise direction to spread the product out (left photo). I then follow up with the brush
    and very slowly brush the excess product up and out of the textured areas (middle and right photo):

Doing so allows the product to be evenly distributed with perfect results as demonstrated by this 50/50 shot:

Here’s another a tire dressed with Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus using the same technique:

Nice and even!

Once you’re finished, simply clean out the brush w/ an APC and allow it to air dry.

The best thing is you can get a 2 pack of brushes for $10!!! So if you’re tired of using a sponge style applicator to apply tire dressings or just ready to try something new check out this brush. You’re going to love it.

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators, tire brush, tire shine applicator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator

Wow...I guess I'm going to have to use mine some day, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review Angus! I recently bought this brush and I agree with everything you said. I used foam for so many years. I didn't have any idea how great this brush would work.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and great brush. I agree with everything you wrote.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. It does not seem intuitive withe such long fibers that you can get an even coat compared so something like a foam application even with the foam absorbing some of the product. I will have to consider this as an order bumper.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wow...I guess I'm going to have to use mine some day, huh?
    Haha, yes! Start using it already!!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
    Thanks for the great review Angus! I recently bought this brush and I agree with everything you said. I used foam for so many years. I didn't have any idea how great this brush would work.
    Thanks, Randy. Happy to hear your a fellow tire brush enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Great review and great brush. I agree with everything you wrote.
    Thanks, Guz! Great minds detail alike

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Nice review. It does not seem intuitive withe such long fibers that you can get an even coat compared so something like a foam application even with the foam absorbing some of the product. I will have to consider this as an order bumper.
    Thanks, Bunky. Given the brushes curved shape and stiff bristles w/ soft feathered ends the brush does a nice job distributing product across a tire's surface. Next time your in an auto parts store, see if they have this brush in stock so you can see what I mean.