autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Son1c 2 Year Anniversary Wax Review

Here is yet another Son1c wax review! I have tons of reviews of all different products coming soon, I just like paste waxes so am starting with those reviews!

Packaging:
    Not going to spend too much time on this, as I've mentioned it in my other reviews, but it is the same sturdy Son1c jar with a great seal. The only thing different is a hand-drawn label by Ashley, aka future Mrs. Son1c drew??? I really like these jars and the hand-drawn factor is really cool. Drew also includes what round of brew it is and what number you have.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Texture/ Scent:
    The texture of 2 year Anniversary wax is a hard carnauba paste wax. It also feels pretty oily, but not overly oil. The scent is a great lime scent to match the bright green color.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Application:
    I just used my standard buff and shine applicator pad. It applies extremely easy and spreads very far. It also is very easy to get a thin coat. Just a few swipes to the pot (3 or 4 light swipes) is enough to do an entire door panel. This means the wax will last for many uses. With other Son1c waxes, I generally have found you have to load the applicator more because they are softer waxes. Not the case with 2 Year Anniversary. This wax never really dries however. I let it sit on the paint for an hour waiting for it to dry like most waxes, but it never did. NOTE: I did not wax the hood as I have another test going on.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

While I waited for it to dry, I couldn't help but notice how great HD Dress diluted 1:1 made my tires look--the perfect satin finish for my taste!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Removal:
    I used my Rag Company Spectrum 420 gsm towel to remove the 2 Year Anniversary wax. Since the wax never really dried, it was fairly difficult to remove, but in my experience, all hard paste waxes are, but you can't beat the wet look they give, so I'm fine with it being more difficult to remove. It did leave a slight haze on the service after removed, but I used some Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 quick detail spray and it resolved the issue perfectly! Using quick detail spray also made it much easier to remove.

[IMG][/IMG]

The haze in the light:
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Shine:
    The wax left an unbelievable shine, unprecedented by any other wax I have used. Both inside the garage an out it gave an incredible shine. Keep in mind, this Black Sapphire Metallic paint was NOT POLISHED PRIOR TO APPLICATION, and it still gave this shine!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Drooollll:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Beading/ Sheeting:

Like all of Son1c's waxes, the beading and sheeting is truly incredible. Watch these videos in 1080p and see for yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLEkp7icPys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6VHA3ERagg

Conclusion:
    Son1c 2 Year Anniversary wax is my new show car wax. It smells great, its easy to apply and gives the best shine/ pop/ dripping wet look I've seen. Yes, it is difficult to remove, but all hard paste waxes are and for the shine it produced, quite frankly I don't care. This is not a wax I would apply to my car every month. However, right before those big car shows, or a photo shoot, or two or three times a year this is the wax I will grab off my shelf every time.

I hope you enjoyed the review. As always, I am looking for ways to improve my reviews, as well as new products to try. Give me any suggestions in the comments!

I'll leave with one more beading picture

[IMG][/IMG]
    2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 speed auto
    1981 Datsun 280zx 5 speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Son1c 2 Year Anniversary Wax Review

Thanx for the review mate .

Sonic wax s great , love his products , only used one wax so far & impressed .
    05 M/T SER Altima . NismoOBXDynomax exh .RL FSTB&BTD, H&R Springs & Triple C Bolt, RLRShifterBushing, EBC Ft/Rr Pads/Rotors, Synto/Wix Filter, RP MaxATF PS, Motul BF/C, Pennzoil Gear Oil ,Wix cab filter, Interstate, Michelin Pilot A/S+

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to be a d**k but how do you know if the V7 added or detracted?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! I have a jar of the same thing! #5 of 47. Drew's waxes and his story is pretty cool!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

In the picture where you show the wax waiting to dry, to me it looks like you are a little bit heavy on the wax. I am guilty of this myself, I am constantly telling myself to apply products thinner. If applied a little bit thinner removal might be easier.

I was thinking the same thing that "Vobro" already posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to post a great review. I really like all of Drew's waxes that I have tried.

Have you ever tried Bouncer's Capture the Rapture wax?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Not trying to be a d**k but how do you know if the V7 added or detracted?
    Haha no worries man. I really don't think the Hybrid V7 did anything. I've used it on countless cars and have never been that impressed with it to be honest. I don't think it changed the review at all, but that's just me.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geekdout View Post
    In the picture where you show the wax waiting to dry, to me it looks like you are a little bit heavy on the wax. I am guilty of this myself, I am constantly telling myself to apply products thinner. If applied a little bit thinner removal might be easier.

I was thinking the same thing that "Vobro" already posted.
    I have never tried the bouncers wax. I may order it soon however, to do a comparison. In my experience Hybrid V7 does not add any protection or gloss, and if it does, it is gone after 1 wash. I washed the car again after letting it cure overnight before taking the pictures of the beading and sheeting and outside pics so once again I don't think it effected the review in any way. Also, the wax seemed very hard to apply thick. I did 2 or 3 swiped to the pot before each panel and that was all that was necessary, but it is something to keep in mind. The next time I use it i'll try to apply it thinner. Regardless, even with it being difficult to remove I'd buy this wax again.