autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Meguiar's D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner & D181 Leather Cleaner

Hope this review helps those that are always curious about these two products.

Meguiars D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, leather care, leather conditioner, leather protectant

Meguiars D181 Leather Cleaner

My brother is on vacation so he left me his car while he is gone. Was a perfect candidate for some product reviews.

I have used D180 a few times and this is the first time I have used D181.

Tools used: D181, brush, microfiber towels, D180.

Sprayed it directly onto the surface. The benefit of the detailer bottle is that it has an adjustable nozzle to control the spray pattern and amount of product sprayed. What I did do was a test spot in an inconspicuous area prior to spraying it onto the seat.

I agitated the area with the brush that has soft bristles that will not tear the leather. Wiped the residue off with a microfiber towel. With D181, the leather does not feel sticky like APC does.

Here's something surprising. There was still some D180 that was applied back in early May. Seems pretty darn durable considering he daily drives this car.

Applied a fresh coat of D180 with a microfiber applicator. The microfiber applicator will give more cleaning power than a foam applicator. The microfiber fibers get into the leather more than a foam applicator. I usually let it sit on the surface for about a min and then lightly buff to knock down the shine and remove any excess product (if there is any). It does darken the leather. It does not leave the leather feeling greasy, oily or slippery. It dries and feels like newish leather. It will not transfer onto one's clothing.

Here is the towel after doing a majority of the seats.

Final thoughts:

The cleaner worked very well. It does work if just applying to a microfiber to remove a top layer of dirt and grime. When agitated with a brush it will get into the cracks and crevices to release even more embedded dirt and grime. Especially those interiors that are heavily soiled. The leather cleaner and conditioner is an all in one product. It can be used to remove light dirt as a stand alone product. It will leave a protective barrier on the surface. It's quite durable and works very well in between those deep cleanings to keep the leather clean and looking good. This is a great combo if used together.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Meguiar's D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner & D181 Leather Cleaner

Thanks for the review Guz!

Here's something surprising. There was still some D180 that was applied back in early May. Seems pretty darn durable considering he daily drives this car.
    How could you tell there was some D180 still left?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Meguiar's D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner & D181 Leather Cleaner

See the tape line on the photo under the first towel. There is still something there besides dirt.

4. Dislikes talknerdytome disliked this post