autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot's Garage Boss 21 Long Throw Polisher - Comparison To Rupes 21ES

The best polisher review I have ever read! Fantastic details and structure!
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot's Garage Boss 21 Long Throw Polisher - Comparison To Rupes 21ES

Nice comparison.

Both are very good, capable tools. What I noticed watching the videos is the Rupes has a bit more of a refined, sophisticated sound. Coming from an older PC (fairly loud and buzzy) and now using a new MT300 (much smoother/quieter), I really appreciate a refined machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Feedback: I started reading from the first line, read every word and even went back to read again some parts, saw all videos one by one, enjoyed each picture. Considered every consideration. 100% accomplished is on top in my level to judge how interesting a review can be!

I have the 21 and was really curious to know about the Boss, and seeing a direct comparison from a guy with your background can be considered a gift. You also plentiful convinced me how different this tool is from general rupes clones and you sure raised GG credibility in my book.

Congratulations for the write up, and to the GG guys for the competency and wiseness on the release of this tool.

I may be out of date with their news but are they already thinking in a mini version for spot polishing like the GG3 is?

I also liked the little details like the cord velcro which now is obvious but makes a huge difference as well.

Thanks for joining all this info and sharing with us,

**Suggestion: When copying an youtube link to a message, remove the "https://" part of the address and the video will be automatically embedded (is this the word!?) to the forum structure, making them part of the thread and 'saving us' from going to youtube in another window. If an admin can do this change for you will make review even better.

Just paste the full address, remove the https:// part and let it alone! i.e.:
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GESQcMEfJw[/video]
    Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Marc one hell of a write up.... im still reading....

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Has Griot offered you a job in advertising yet? Seriously you should be in advertising. Or if you sold products at the county fair, I'm sure you would be sold out.

GREAT JOB

I detail twice a year, it's therapeutic for me, turn up the SOUNDS & enjoy, the experience.

Okay! My DA is an old Meguiar G110, would this, the next level down Griot, be worth the purchase??????

Take Care
    Rico

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb@ImpeccableImage View Post
    Awesome in depth review Marc. Im still reading it lol. Hope you're doing well buddy!
    Thanks a ton Caleb!!! I'm doing good - hope you're doing well too! Hope you're busy with lots of cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    Great review. Curious question: How old is your Rupes? I'd seen a thread on generational changes and noticed yours had a red trigger and lock. Mine's black.
    Thank you so much, Ccrew! My Rupes is one of the first ones that came out so it's quite old. I've also seen some Rupes polishers with black triggers. Do you know what other updates they did and why?

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Great review Marc! Thanks for taking the time to do this. My test tool never came with the washer so I had made my own, but I've had a few people mention it not giving enough clearance now.
    Thanks a ton Chad!! Means a lot coming from an elite detailer like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Nice review my friend! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks a lot, Kyle! It was my pleasure. I hope it helps. Hope you're doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by 281 View Post
    Wow, excellent in depth review Marc, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks so much, James!

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Amazing review !!! Best I have seen to date !!!
    Thanks a lot, Pat! That such a great compliment and I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post
    Really happy to see this. I've had my Rupes for 2 years and have been wondering how the Boss compares since it came out. Thanks for the review!
    It was my pleasure, FinishingTouchA. I hope it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Marc... What a fantastic review:
    You had me totally engrossed from
    the beginning, to the very end!

Very informative---Thanks.

Can't hardly wait for another epic review.

Bob
    Thanks so much for the compliments Bob! It means a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I wrote it.

I'm looking forward in reviewing the actual system in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUNT1 View Post
    Great review! I used my BOSS G15 for the first time yesterday! It was an amazingly comfortable and smooth to use although correcting vertical panels took some adjusting.
    Thanks a lot, GRUNT1! How did the G15 perform?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    The best polisher review I have ever read! Fantastic details and structure!
    WOW! Thank you so much for one of the best compliments I heard. I didn't expect that at all.

I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
    Nice comparison.

Both are very good, capable tools. What I noticed watching the videos is the Rupes has a bit more of a refined, sophisticated sound. Coming from an older PC (fairly loud and buzzy) and now using a new MT300 (much smoother/quieter), I really appreciate a refined machine.
    Thanks, RJ! I agree. But could the BOSS sound less refined because of the increased power output?

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Feedback: I started reading from the first line, read every word and even went back to read again some parts, saw all videos one by one, enjoyed each picture. Considered every consideration. 100% accomplished is on top in my level to judge how interesting a review can be!

I have the 21 and was really curious to know about the Boss, and seeing a direct comparison from a guy with your background can be considered a gift. You also plentiful convinced me how different this tool is from general rupes clones and you sure raised GG credibility in my book.

Congratulations for the write up, and to the GG guys for the competency and wiseness on the release of this tool.

I may be out of date with their news but are they already thinking in a mini version for spot polishing like the GG3 is?

I also liked the little details like the cord velcro which now is obvious but makes a huge difference as well.

Thanks for joining all this info and sharing with us,

**Suggestion: When copying an youtube link to a message, remove the "https://" part of the address and the video will be automatically embedded (is this the word!?) to the forum structure, making them part of the thread and 'saving us' from going to youtube in another window. If an admin can do this change for you will make review even better.

Just paste the full address, remove the https:// part and let it alone! i.e.:
    Kind Regards.
    Thank you so much for the compliments, Tato! It really means a lot. Thanks for taking time to post it.

I'm very glad you enjoyed my write-up. I hope it helped you out in some way.

I don't know whether Griot's Garage is planning to release a mini 3 inch polisher. They already have one but maybe they're planning on doing the long throw 3" like the Rupes 75E.

Thank you so much for the advice as well. Unfortunately, I can't edit my post anymore. I asked some of our nice moderators to help out and fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cg6LeMoN View Post
    Marc one hell of a write up.... im still reading....
    Thank you so much, Cg6!!! Thanks for chiming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Excellent review!!
    Thanks a lot, CJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricorocks View Post
    Wow! Has Griot offered you a job in advertising yet? Seriously you should be in advertising. Or if you sold products at the county fair, I'm sure you would be sold out.

GREAT JOB

I detail twice a year, it's therapeutic for me, turn up the SOUNDS & enjoy, the experience.

Okay! My DA is an old Meguiar G110, would this, the next level down Griot, be worth the purchase??????

Take Care
    Rico
    Hahahaha! Thanks a lot for the compliments, Rico! I appreciate that.

I don't work for Griot's but I think that would be pretty cool.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Marc! You really hit every aspect when reviewing this new machine. As others have said this is the best polisher review I have seen. You truly outdid your self on this one.

Thanks so much for taking all the time needed to post such an in depth review. Your post truly shows the level of attention and detail that went into this.

Nicely done good sir. Thanks so much for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely a very detail written & excellent polisher review!
    Every time while i enjoy reading your product reviews, makes me wanna spent more money Lol.
    Good Job Sir ^^

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast