autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Interior Products (Interior Cleaner, Interior Protectant, Leather Conditioner)

Well I received some Blackfire products from an Autopia Facebook Giveaway. I figured I would review these as it is my first time using any of these products. Up first are the three interior products.

Blackfire Interior Cleaner

Blackfire Interior Protectant

Blackfire Leather Conditioner

First up is the interior cleaner.

Pulled from the product description from Autopia

Use it on leather (except suede and knapped leathers), vinyl, velour, carpet, headliner fabric, wood, plastic, and metal trim. It will not dry out the material being cleaned (including leather), streak plastic or aluminum and poses no known threat to the skin or respiratory system via vapor inhalation.
    Overall it worked very well. It has good cleaning action. It safely removed any grime that was on the surface. It has a chemical type smell to it. I used it on the plastic, rubber and leather in the interior on my 99 Pontiac Grand Prix. I found it to have a bit better cleaning action than the DP Interior Cleaner that I previously used. Blackfire picked up more dirt.

Here's the bottle

Here's just going over the top of the dash removing the dirt and DP Interior Protectant that has been on the interior for a few weeks.

I ended up using it on the entire interior except the carpets and roof liner as those are already clean. It worked great on the leather seats. I used a soft bristled brush to agitate the cleaner and then wipe off the residue. I was impressed with how well it worked and the dirt it removed. It did leave the leather seats feeling a little sticky. Following with a damp towel is an option. I followed up with the leather conditioner as seen below.

After I used the cleaner I moved onto the interior protectant. The protectant has a nice smell to it. I can't put my finger on what the scent it. Almost candy like. The product is a white milky consistency.

Here's a 50/50 of how the protectant darkens the trim. I applied it with a microfiber applicator.

Here's a close up of how lightly it darkens the time.

Finished shots. It was overcast today so it's hard to tell if this is going to be a glossy product or not. I typically follow up with a light buff with a microfiber to knock the shine down a bit more.

Finally the leather conditioner. This one also had somewhat of a chemical smell at least to me. It did darken the leather. It dries to the touch and doesn't feel slippery. It spread out nicely with the applicator. A little goes a long way. It doesn't give any type of glossy or greasy appearance. The label states it offers UV protection. Gives a nice natural look to it. These photos don't do it justice. I applied this with one of the supplied black foam applicators.

Here's the test area. These are the original seats in this car. This is 16 year old leather that has held up rather nicely.

Here's the darkening the product does.

A close up.

Fully conditioned lower part of the passenger seat.

Final thoughts: All three product work as advertised. All three are user friendly. Directions are clearly stated on how to use each one. I will post up some durability later on. I primarily ride in this car by myself so the only seat that will see more wear than others is the drivers seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Interior Products (Interior Cleaner, Interior Protectant, Leather Conditioner)

Very nice review The Guz!!! Nice 50/50 shots of each product.

Thanks for sharing.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Interior Products (Interior Cleaner, Interior Protectant, Leather Conditioner)

Thanks for the review.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

I tried the Blackfire interior protectant on three vehicles and I was not impressed at 24.99.

The search continues..............

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. Thanks for posting.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Post Thanks / Like

Good review. I use the BF Interior Cleaner and Protectant myself, I feel both of them do a really good job. I also like how they're both safe on almost anything, which is a big plus with finicky interior surfaces like in my AMG.
    Street/Racing Concepts
    '02 Mercedes SLK32 AMG, '05 Mercedes SL65 AMG, '02 Audi A6 Quattro 4.2- All Silver!

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire interior cleaner is my favorite product. It cleans anything and cleans it very well. I use it on my leather and it is matte with no stickiness.

I cant believe how well it cleans surfaces that already look clean but clearly arent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Very nice review The Guz!!! Nice 50/50 shots of each product.

Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Thanks for the review.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyman View Post
    Thanks for the review.

I tried the Blackfire interior protectant on three vehicles and I was not impressed at 24.99.

The search continues..............
    Thanks. Hope you find what you are looking for. What did you not like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mike View Post
    Nice review. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SRConcepts View Post
    Good review. I use the BF Interior Cleaner and Protectant myself, I feel both of them do a really good job. I also like how they're both safe on almost anything, which is a big plus with finicky interior surfaces like in my AMG.
    Thanks. I like that about the protectant as well.

Quote Originally Posted by d33p View Post
    Blackfire interior cleaner is my favorite product. It cleans anything and cleans it very well. I use it on my leather and it is matte with no stickiness.

I cant believe how well it cleans surfaces that already look clean but clearly arent.
    I have to agree with you. I thought my seats were clean and the cleaner pulled out more dirt than I thought was on them.