autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagle One Surface Prep Mitt...Amazing

So I picked up an Eagle One surface prep mitt at Advance Auto a few weeks back to try out. Well I finally got the chance this morning. It has been so hot and sunny I haven't wanted to do it, but today there was a slight chill in the air and it was overcast, perfect to do it. I washed the car with the traditional 2BM then while it was still wet grabbed my UWW+ and went to town. I saturated a panel as I wiped just like with clay, it was as easy as washing the car, no folding, kneading, etc. Then I re-washed and dried with UWW+ as a drying aid.

The result: It worked amazing! I just am in shock how much easier this is than clay. The car which felt so gritty before now is as smooth as silk. I knew it was going to be good when I first started on a window that had paint over spray and it lifted it right off in a pass or two. In fact right away I noticed that when I put my UWW+ bottle on my sunroof which had a slight decline to it the bottle just slid off and I had to catch it before it fell off the car where before it would have stayed planted. I'm blown away by how great the result was for 20 bucks, I'm throwing all my clay away. It took about a third as long to surface prep the car as it does to wash it, I would have been there forever with clay and probably dropped it, never again! Pictures aren't really needed b/c you can't tell the difference when preping but I'll include one just to show what it was on, a rather large SUV, this was a Godsend for cutting the time on a vehicle like this. I would have to say this is one of the best OTC products you can buy locally:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle One Surface Prep Mitt...Amazing

I got the EagleOne mitt not to long ago and like it also. Saw it today in the store and thought about buying a second one, and using my other for side skirts, bumpers, and wheels.

Curious to see how well it hold up and how the EagleOne compares to the others out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Nanoskin towel myself, I imagine they all work the same way. What a great creation and time saver.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

Any micr marring at all with it ???
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

How do you store yours when not using? I have the Nanoskin mitt but it has the same packaging. It's constantly sticking to the plastic on hot days even when left rubber side up, there's just not extra room in there.
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    How do you store yours when not using? I have the Nanoskin mitt but it has the same packaging. It's constantly sticking to the plastic on hot days even when left rubber side up, there's just not extra room in there.
    I just lay mine flat usually or quad fold it onto itself. Keeping it lubricated before separating it also helps.

Post Thanks / Like

How aggressive is it? Nonoskin has fine and medium grade.

Post Thanks / Like

I also saw this in Advance Auto when I was shopping there.

I can't believe how cheap it is compared to the Nanoskin counterpart...
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

some time I turn my inside out (seams showing) and put in original package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Any micr marring at all with it ???
    I didn't notice anything, but this is on a silver car so it is hard to see anything, but I will tell you EVERY TIME I use clay I micro mar all over the place. The real positive is that with this mitt I could say surface prepping often where with clay I dreaded it so much I didn't even do it on the DD cars, only the show car, this is a game change IMO. I know these have been around for a while (nanoskin, etc.) I wish I would have bought one of those a long time ago, I just bought this b/c it was there, man I'm so glad I did, I will NEVER clay again.

I'm new to these things so you might not have been asking me but I plan on storing it in the same plastic housing like you, interesting you say it sticks, I'll have to see what mine does and report back. I think maybe the Eagle One mitt has a little more room.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast