autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW! Pinnacle Advanced Compound and Advanced Finishing Polish review!

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish Review.Pinnacle Advanced Compound review.

I had a customer bring me his 2012 F150 King Ranch 4x4.He had taken it out west on a hunting trip and it got pretty beat up/scratched up on the roads and tight trails he was traversing in order to fill his tags.

Paint is Tuxedo Black.Has a ton of flake in it, very nice color.Truck is extremely well cared for and looks practically new…except for a boat load of heavy scratches and defects that were received during the week long hunting trip.
    From previous experience,I have found some Ford paint to be on the medium to soft side and easily correctable.

Process:Customer brought it over washed and clayed already.Baggie test confirmed this.UWW’d it down to rid it of any minor road dirt/etc.Flex 3401, speed 4-5,Lake Country orange hydro-tech pad.

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish was up first.Least aggressive process for the first go round. Grey in color.Standard chemical odor.Reminded me a lot of Menzerna.I did approximately 4 passes on the panels and was rewarded with almost 85% correction.I was impressed.Dusting was practically non-existent.
    I had a few heavier/deeper scratches/scuffs that the Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish knocked down a bit, but it was not giving me the desired cut on these few areas.I switched to Pinnacle Advanced Compound and a fresh orange Hyrdro-tech pad and got busy.White in color, typical chemical odor.This reminded me of M105—WITHOUT all of the dusting and a lot LONGER work time.It cuts like a boss and finishes down like a champ.The Pinnacle Advanced Compound took care of these additional areas with approximately 2-3 passes.
    There were a few deeper scratches/RIDS that I was not going to be able to get out without some sanding and the customer did not want to go that route.
    NOTE:On the areas I needed to use a more aggressive area, I did not go back over it with the Finishing Polish.Those areas finished down excellent and it was not needed.It finished beautifully.

After compounding/polishing I wiped the vehicle down with G2 panel wipe (really like this stuff!).LSP was Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.Tires were dressed with Blackfire Total Eclipse Tire Gel.

Final result was a customer who stated that the car looked better than the day he purchased it!This was payment enough and really made my day.The truck really did turn out extremely well.

These two new Pinnacle products deserve to be in everyone’s arsenal, as they are a must have in my opinion.

Thanks for looking and comments are, as always, welcome!

Afters:

Sun/outside shots:

Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW! Pinnacle Advanced Compound and Advanced Finishing Polish review!

Great job! Beautiful work!!