autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots One Step Sealant Mini-Review

I'm about halfway through my bottle and I love this stuff! I actually just used it on a Honda today. Always gives me great results and makes my paint pop. Any idea how it compares to klasse?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's easier to use then class also had a bit more cleaning power, cheaper and aviable at box stores

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ru3eng View Post
    I'm about halfway through my bottle and I love this stuff! I actually just used it on a Honda today. Always gives me great results and makes my paint pop. Any idea how it compares to klasse?

The Griots actually contains abrasives, so it cleans and corrects far better than Klasse AIO. I can't compare durability to Klasse AIO as I always topped it with SG.

When comparing the shine I found the Klasse twins to create a very clear, glassy shine. From my perspective, Griots creates a deeper, more glossy shine that seems to darken the paint a bit. I actually prefer the look of the Griot's as it's less reflective and brings out the beauty of the paint.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I just used the Griot's again this weekend. To me, the look really improves about 24 hours later. I've not really tested durability, but many claim it is strong. I like to top with 845 about a week later. Looks great and seems pretty bulletproof.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a follow up to my previous review. Many times people provide glowing reports for a product, but you never hear about how it holds up over time.

I had a chance to provide the car a good wash this weekend. The vehicle is driven daily for school/work and sits out 24/7. Lately it's been hammered with rain at least twice a week, sometimes more.

As best as I can tell, the product is completely gone. After washing the car and attempting to see the water behavior on a clean surface, I got nothing. No sheeting, no beading...nada. The water just sat flat on horizontal surfaces and just seemed to slowly ooze off the vertical surfaces.

I found the durability to be a little disappointing. I knew AIO's don't have the durability of dedicated LSP, but I was hoping an sealant base AIO would last a little longer. I don't have the time to be doing heavy details more than twice a year, and was hoping a quality AIO would further simplify things.

Based on this discovery, I'm either back to doing sealants with a polishing step first, or taking the plunge into the world of coatings. Right now I'm thinking coatings.

One final positive comment for the product. I found it to work really well on shiny, black, honeycomb grill work on my MK6 GTI. Stubborn water spots and other abuse came right out and it left a very nice shine. From here on I'll just use it for this type of detail work

Post Thanks / Like

My experience is pretty much the same. Went on, looked good - although I put on with a Rupes and it seemed to take more product that I'd normally expect.

Like you I saw a short perceived durability. Mine was applied to a college aged daughters Kia Soul, which sits outside and more often than not under trees - and doesn't get washed until she comes home I'm sure, but in looking at it yesterday after having applied it a month ago it looks like it's gone.

Shame. It really did look good when first applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I got such great short-term results for this product, I kept the bottle and I've been looking for other uses. This weekend I found the following:

- Great for polishing brake calipers. My MK6 GTI has single stage red paint on the break calipers. For some reason, the fronts are known to fade and turn pink. This weekend I removed my wheels, cleaned the calipers with wheel cleaner, and then rubbed them down with the Griot's. The product worked great and the calipers look new again, and better yet, match the rears once again.

- Clean up of stubborn spots on wheels. While applying the Turtle Wax tire sealant I got a little sloppy in places. Due to bad lighting I couldn't see my clean-up wasn't very effective. APC couldn't touch the dried product on my wheels, but a little dab of the Griot's on a MF towel took the spots right off. I like the fact it replaces any protection I removed from my wheels all in one step.

I realize any polish or compound would have worked in the same situation, but I like the milder abrasives in an AIO. No sense in breaking out anything heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the same results, it basically was gone in 2 weeks maybe sooner, but it did a good job cleaning my paint and leaving a nice glow.
    2015 Audi //S4 (Ibis White)
    1995 BMW ///M3 (Alpine White)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Griot's one step sealant to prep my winter wheels and after allowing it to cure for 24h will top it off with some Collinite 845. Winters here I Quebec can be harsh and we'll see how durable this combo is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I realize this is an older post, but relevant to me having just seen it and considering trying it out - looks very promising, especially since I am a big fan of many of GG's products.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast