autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Hydro 2 Lite!?

Just viewed a new video on YouTube from Carpro regarding their new Hydro 2 Lite ready to use spray sealant. Apparently it can be used on wet or dry surface. Anyone know if this is different from Hydro 2 besides diluted in ready to use form?

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Hydro 2 Lite!?

Look closely at 3:20 , the dry on right side sheet water better then the left.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Hydro 2 Lite!?

Its our new product, coming soon to Autogeek as well,
    RTU formula of Hydro2 which as you said can be used on wet or dry surface, "spray on-rinse off" or "spray on-wipe off".
    the left side which sheet slower is because the panel we show here was soaked with water sheet standing,diluted even further the spray sealant, in such cases need to spray more Hydro2 Lite
    to cling better. normally after car wash the surface has much less water standing so it will perform better,
    Hydro2 Lite was test for up to 3 months sealing effect on car paint.
    Coming soon to AG store as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Look closely at 3:20 , the dry on right side sheet water better then the left.
    Yeah I noticed! Amazing difference dry!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Its our new product, coming soon to Autogeek as well,
    RTU formula of Hydro2 which as you said can be used on wet or dry surface, "spray on-rinse off" or "spray on-wipe off".
    the left side which sheet slower is because the panel we show here was soaked with water sheet standing,diluted even further the spray sealant, in such cases need to spray more Hydro2 Lite
    to cling better. normally after car wash the surface has much less water standing so it will perform better,
    Hydro2 Lite was test for up to 3 months sealing effect on car paint.
    Coming soon to AG store as well.
    Thanks! Can't wait to get my hands on some!

Post Thanks / Like

When exactly will it be available to AG for purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the hype on this product. I get the original product which I called the 2014 product of the year. Spray on, rinse off is indeed revolutionary. Wipe on, wipe off isn't (reload and a million other sealants), and in fact there are wipe on, walk away coatings on the market now that last years. The idea of one product that can be used on wet or dry surfaces perhaps is worthy of some interest, but....
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I don't get the hype on this product. I get the original product which I called the 2014 product of the year. Spray on, rinse off is indeed revolutionary. Wipe on, wipe off isn't (reload and a million other sealants), and in fact there are wipe on, walk away coatings on the market now that last years. The idea of one product that can be used on wet or dry surfaces perhaps is worthy of some interest, but....
    We give the customers the option to choose!,
    on wet car : spray on - rinse off ,
    OR on dry surface : spray on -wipe off , SAME PRODUCT!!
    we try to bring new ideas that save money for customers, not make products with individual target use.
    versatile and flexibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Should one assume that it was created for folks who don't understand how to dilute at 1:3? The only other advantage that I can see is the ability to apply indoors when a water hose is not an option indoors. However, that would lead us to ReLoad or all the other wipe on sealants. Apparently there was a need for Hydr02 Lite.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

From my understanding, Hydro2 Lite is a consumer geared product which is meant to be a "ready, set, go!" product rather than trying to figure dilution ratios etc.. Hydro2 (concentrate) can be used wet (most favored), dry (in the right dilution) and as a QD (again in the right dilution). I've watched the video of Hydro2 Lite a couple of times and surmise that the beading difference between the wet and dry application comes from the fact that taking a diluted Hydro2 Lite and diluting it even further by applying it on a wet surface would diminish the hydrophobic qualities.

Personally I am already set up for all dilutions and LOVE Hydro2, so this product won't replace anything in my arsenal..... and if I want a QD, I will just use a dilution of Reload (which has served me well in the past)

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast