autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carpro Hydro 2

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Hydro 2

Don't do too many product reviews but this product is worthy of one. Carpro Hydro2 is one of the easiest products I have ever used. It can be applied to the entire exterior of the vehicle in a matter of minutes and so far is holding up very well.

I applied it back on 09/28/14 as my winter protection in NYC on a daily driven, non-garaged, 13 Charger RT. The car has received a few washes since then but hasn't been washed in a few weeks now due to weather.

Process to apply:

Strong wash with CG CWG
    Light clay with the nanoskin wash mitt
    No polishing
    Broke the car down into 6 sections
    Paint must be cool to the touch and car out of direct sunlight
    Keep the car wet
    Apply to one section at a time and wait for 60 secs before blasting with a strong stream of water
    Repeat process on all 6 sections
    Then utilize flooding method to rinse
    Dry with leaf blower and MF WW towel on any excess water
    Done

Pics from 09/28/14

Pics from 01/24/15, after a snow storm and car has not been washed in 3 weeks

On the side skirts and lower door panels it is starting to fade, but that is to be expected plus the car has not been washed in 3 weeks. Overall very happy with this product.

02/18/15, products is still going strong. I will try and wash this weekend and maybe reapply to get me through the rest of the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Hydro 2

I would have to agreeeeeee
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Simply the easiest, most impressive protection in terms of effort per result...you can use. If I were into production detailing this would be ordered in five gallon containers.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

HYDRO2 is MONEY IN THE BANK!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and do not forget the nice slick feel it leaves behind plus the great shine!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    HYDRO2 is MONEY IN THE BANK!!!!!
    This You don't really need to wait 60 sec you can spray and rinse. I've use it every day on all my customers cars unless their getting a coating. Makes me a lot of $$$ and it's been on my car over 5 months still going strong. I put it on windows and wheel also works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, maybe I need to jump on this wagon. i've read so much about the product and tried a sample on my own car (and liked it) but for some reason I haven't jumped in with both feet yet.

I guess I'm hesitant with the whole claying first and not doing any sort of polishing after. I feel that with dirtier cars, there can often be some sort of marring after a clay treatment is done. What do you guys who use this in your business do about this?

Also, how do you explain it to the average customer who would be absolutely clueless about a product like this. Do you just say that it's protected and not go into the details? I think I'm ready to go for it, but still just a little hesitant. You guys all make it sound so amazing all the time.
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Aw man I've had a 500 ml bottle here since BF and just haven't put it to use. But posts like the OP make me wonder why I bother with anything else!
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro 2 is great stuff. About a month ago I was cleaning a bathroom in my house and got a little curious. So after a thorough cleaning I sprayed Hydro 2 in the shower stall and on the shower glass door. I kid you not, the shower is still clean and the walls and glass door still beads. LOL Try it around the house and you won't be disappointed. I wonder if Permanon would be just as good. Stay tuned.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    This You don't really need to wait 60 sec you can spray and rinse. I've use it every day on all my customers cars unless their getting a coating. Makes me a lot of $$$ and it's been on my car over 5 months still going strong. I put it on windows and wheel also works great.
    Thanx Bud, good to know about the waiting. I sprayed the entire car, Hydro2 beeds on everything, plastic trim, wipers, windows etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    Dang, maybe I need to jump on this wagon. i've read so much about the product and tried a sample on my own car (and liked it) but for some reason I haven't jumped in with both feet yet.

I guess I'm hesitant with the whole claying first and not doing any sort of polishing after. I feel that with dirtier cars, there can often be some sort of marring after a clay treatment is done. What do you guys who use this in your business do about this?

Also, how do you explain it to the average customer who would be absolutely clueless about a product like this. Do you just say that it's protected and not go into the details? I think I'm ready to go for it, but still just a little hesitant. You guys all make it sound so amazing all the time.
    I used the nanoskin wash mitt very lightly and this is my personal car too, but on a customers car with a wash and wax pkg I would use the nanoskin medium wash mitt and don't press hard to avoid marring. If you get marring, you have to polish, only happened once and the marring cleared up quickly.

I tell them it's a sealant that will last 3-5 months and beads like crazy. Then show them the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Aw man I've had a 500 ml bottle here since BF and just haven't put it to use. But posts like the OP make me wonder why I bother with anything else!
    Use it, you will love it, just make sure car is out of the sun and any part of the car you spray it on is cool to the touch.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast