autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Review: Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster

For this review I’m going to share my thoughts on using Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster over the last few months:

From Pinnacle's product page for GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster:
    Turbo charge your windshield washer fluid!
    Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster is an advanced additive for your windshield washer fluid. It doubles the cleaning power of regular windshield washer fluid while creating a much slicker washer fluid that is less prone to streaking and smearing. Its formula is highly concentrated which means one 16 ounce bottle of concentrate treats 16 gallons of washer fluid! It is perfect for removing built up road film, dirt and grime to avoid creating a safety hazard in inclement weather conditions.
    Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster was designed for the person who accepts nothing less than perfect vision every time he or she drives
    I’m the guy they’re talking about in that last line. I can’t stand dirty glass! It has to be my biggest detailing pet peeve and highest OCD level.

Directions:

1. Squeeze bottle until built-in measuring cup fills to 1 ounce marker.
    2. Remove cap and dispense measured product into windshield washer reservoir.

Ok, instead of adding GlassWork WWB directly to my cars reservoir tank I decide to mix 1oz into a fresh gallon of the blue stuff:

At this point I decided to do a little testing to see if I can tell a difference between straight washer fluid vs GlassWork boosted fluid.

Prior to adding the booster to the blue stuff I poured out a small amount into a clean glass jar:

Boosted fluid poured into 2nd clean glass jar:

Already you can see the boosted jar has more bubbles around the edges then the non-boosted jar.

Ok let’s give these guys a shake and see what happens:

After shaking each jar for ~10 seconds it’s easy to see the “turbo charging” effects of the booster:

Check out that foam! GlassWorks WWB has clearly increased the blue stuff’s cleaning abilities. Ok this all well and good, but how does GlassWorks WWB perform?

I’ve been driving around with boosted wiper fluid since November, and after using up 2 gallons of GlassWorks WWB treated wiper fluid I can honestly say, yes it does make a difference when dealing with winters worst weather and the salty + slushy mess that is constantly coating your windshield here in the Northeast:

Am I using less wiper fluid? No, I don’t think so – I’m OCD about crystal clear glass remember? But I’m also not noticing any smearing or streaking. And unlike other wiper fluid “booster” I’ve tried adding GlassWorks WWB to my washer fluid doesn’t cause mid-wipe fluid freezing on the windshield when the temperature drops below zero. I’ve experienced freezing with P21S Windshield Washer Booster and immediately stopped using it as a booster in cold weather.

Conclusion:

Do I think Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster is worth adding year round to help “turbo charge” your wiper fluid? Yes, I do. For $19.99 a 16oz bottle will treat 16 gallons of wiper fluid @ $1.25 per oz before any discounts. I plan on using GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster into the summer months so I can see how well it does at clearing bug splatter and other warm weather road trip debris from my windshield. Look for an update to this thread in the coming months.

I’m also looking forward to re-filling the GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster bottle’s with ONR so I can use the built in measuring cup for rinseless washes.

As always, I hope this review was helpful. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster

Not wanting to create any more compatibility issues than necessary when using "Winterized" windshield washer fluid:

I wonder if Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster is more effective when used with a methanol-based, or an ethanol-based, windshield washer reservoir fluid?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post

Conclusion:

I’m also looking forward to re-filling the GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster bottle’s with ONR so I can use the built in measuring cup for rinseless washes.

As always, I hope this review was helpful. Please feel free to ask any questions.
    You can buy those bottles empty at US Plastics for $1.21 for the 8oz & $2.01 for the 16oz $2.53 for the 32oz size if you want to do what your looking to do sooner. On their site search on Bettix Bottle with Dispensing Chambers
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kb2ehj View Post
    You can buy those bottles empty at US Plastics for $1.21 for the 8oz & $2.01 for the 16oz $2.53 for the 32oz size if you want to do what your looking to do sooner. On their site search on Bettix Bottle with Dispensing Chambers
    Sweet! Too bad shipping is $9. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Too bad shipping is $9. Thanks for the tip anyway.
    That's why i order a 'crap load' of different kinds of plastic bottles/jars at a time. They have TONS of different products.......it's almost as bad as walking into an office supply store for just a pen, you have all kinds of other stuff you want to get after looking around.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Not wanting to create any more compatibility issues than necessary when using "Winterized" windshield washer fluid:

I wonder if Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster is more effective when used with a methanol-based, or an ethanol-based, windshield washer reservoir fluid?

Bob
    Good question Bob! Most brands I've used are all methanol-based. Do you know of any readily available brands that use ethanol instead? I'd be happy to try one out and see if I can tell any difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kb2ehj View Post
    That's why i order a 'crap load' of different kinds of plastic bottles/jars at a time. They have TONS of different products.......it's almost as bad as walking into an office supply store for just a pen, you have all kinds of other stuff you want to get after looking around.
    Hahaha, in that case I'm going to do my best and not look around any more!!! I'm sure I could find plenty of stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

Good question Bob! Most brands I've used are all methanol-based. Do you know of any readily available brands that use ethanol instead? I'd be happy to try one out and see if I can tell any difference.
    1Z has a washer fluid that's not methanol or ammonia based. However - it's a little pricey compared to other washer fluids depending on the low temperatures in your area.

I've used it and found that it works very well for cleaning off the salt sprayed onto my windshield by tractor trailers and the like.

After seeing your review I'm anxious to try it with Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Cole View Post
    1Z has a washer fluid that's not methanol or ammonia based. However - it's a little pricey compared to other washer fluids depending on the low temperatures in your area.

I've used it and found that it works very well for cleaning off the salt sprayed onto my windshield by tractor trailers and the like.

After seeing your review I'm anxious to try it with Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster.
    Oh yeah, I'm aware of 1Z's Anti-frost washer fluid. Like most 1Z products, I'm sure it's great stuff. I'd love to try it but for the concentration I'd need to mix it to (-5 at the minimum) makes it very cost prohibitive.

Check out GlassWork WWB and let me know what you think!