autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Uber All-In-One ... Review and Initial Thoughts

For those of you thinking about trying Wolfgang Uber All-In-One, or have recently tried this product and have mixed thoughts, please read further.

First of all, let me apologize for not taking any pictures, but time did not allow me to get any "before" shots. I will try and post a couple of "after" shots.

We had three black vehicles which needed some attention. The first was a 2011 BMW 328 Xi, that had buffer trails from when it was detailed for the auction, a fair amount of swirls, and a few RIDS. The second was a 2004 Lexus RX330 with extremely neglected paint. It was embedded with contaminants aplenty. It also had "detailer" installed buffer trails and was severely swirled. The last was a 2007 Volkswagen Toureg with swirls, buffer trails, and RIDS.

All of these vehicles were candidates for a 1-step polish and seal as the goal was to make them look shiny and glossy, to remove the holograms, and test the Uber All-In-One. These vehicles were thoroughly washed and clayed, and I used the Flex 3401 with primed Lake Country, white CCS pads.
    The BMW was the first in the garage. My main goal was to remove the buffer trails and to see how much of the swirls could be removed. As I was working, I immediately notice how easy the Uber AIO worked. I used a slow arm-speed when polishing, a machine speed between 4-5, and made 4-5 section passes. After working about a 1/3 of the hood, I waited the 30 seconds and began to wipe the product off. I found the Uber to be extremely difficult to wipe off. As a matter of fact, it took 10-15 minutes to wipe off the Uber. The entire job took 2 to 3 times longer (than our normal 1-step process) to complete because of the wipe off. Nonetheless, the car came out looking gorgeous with a deep, wet looking gloss.

Many of swirls were less noticeable, but the combo of a white pad and the Uber could not remove the deeper swirls. The holograms were removed, but there were some streaks that needed to be followed up with an additional wipe down. I attributed this to Uber’s incredible bond with the paint. After completing the job, I remember thinking this stuff is going to have to wipe off a LOT easier for me like it and to continue to use it.

Next was the Lexus. I used the same setup to just try and revitalize some pretty neglected paint. The vehicle really needed compounding, but the vehicle has some serious defects that wouldn't be removed without a repaint and it just wasn't in the customer's budget. I found the Lexus paint to be a little on the softer side, so I thought the Uber AIO was a great candidate. I again used the same basic steps: slow arm speed, 4.5 on the Flex, and 4 to 5 and occasional 6 section passes. Again, the Uber worked in great with little to no dusting, but again it was extremely difficult to wipe off. Again, many of the swirls were removed and the paint was very deep and wet looking.

After the Lexus, I thought I need to change something up. The results of the first two vehicles were great, but it was just too difficult to wipe off the product.

Off to the Toureg. After reading a post by Nick@Autogeek reviewing Uber AIO, he wrote suggesting a speed of 4 on the Flex and only 4 or 5 section passes, and a section size of 18" x 18". So, I slowed the Flex to 4, shrunk my working area a bit, and sped up my arm speed a little. Results ... much easier to wipe off the Uber. I completed the Toureg and again the results were stunning, AND it did not take near as long to remove the product.

Final thoughts of Uber All-In-One ... The results are great! There was a learning curve for me. Maybe I'm just a slow learner. I didn't want to give up on the product; the results were just too good. One thing I realized is not to have the expectations to remove all swirls using Uber AIO , even though it will remove some lighter swirls. Uber All-In One left stunning results on all 3 vehicles, but removing swirls might be better left to a dedicated swirl remover/polish which wipes away easily and then a LSP of your choice. Uber AIO seems like it has a long polishing cycle, but don’t do as I did and keep polishing if you find it difficult to wipe the product off. I would also strongly recommend that you NOT use higher machine speeds and keep your working area in smaller sections, even if you are working with the Flex 3401. The machine can do the work easily, but I believe the product will dries too quickly to wipe off easily.

I hope this helps some of you that might be finding Uber AIO a bit difficult to remove. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts. Maybe some of you had a better first time experience and can share your methodology for others as well. One of the reasons why this forum is so great, is that the Autogeeks come to the rescue when you need them. Best wishes!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uber All-In-One ... Review and Initial Thoughts

Great Review

Very helpful for those who want to try a new AIO

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwatereagleman View Post
    After reading a post by Nick@Autogeek reviewing Uber AIO, he wrote suggesting a speed of 4 on the Flex and only 4 or 5 section passes, and a section size of 18" x 18". So, I slowed the Flex to 4, shrunk my working area a bit, and sped up my arm speed a little. Results ... much easier to wipe off the Uber. I completed the Toureg and again the results were stunning, AND it did not take near as long to remove the product.
    Glad to hear you were able to dial in your technique!

Final thoughts of Uber All-In-One ... The results are great! There was a learning curve for me. Maybe I'm just a slow learner.
    Practice makes perfect!

Uber AIO is unlike any other AIO available, and it does have a learning curve that is slightly longer than most other cleaner waxes. Once you dial in your technique, it's smooth sailing and the product wipes off without a hassle.

I didn't want to give up on the product; the results were just too good. One thing I realized is not to have the expectations to remove all swirls using Uber AIO , even though it will remove some lighter swirls. Uber All-In One left stunning results on all 3 vehicles, but removing swirls might be better left to a dedicated swirl remover/polish which wipes away easily and then a LSP of your choice. Uber AIO seems like it has a long polishing cycle, but don’t do as I did and keep polishing if you find it difficult to wipe the product off. I would also strongly recommend that you NOT use higher machine speeds and keep your working area in smaller sections, even if you are working with the Flex 3401. The machine can do the work easily, but I believe the product will dries too quickly to wipe off easily.
    Great tips.

I hope this helps some of you that might be finding Uber AIO a bit difficult to remove. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts. Maybe some of you had a better first time experience and can share your methodology for others as well. One of the reasons why this forum is so great, is that the Autogeeks come to the rescue when you need them. Best wishes!
    Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and insights. My only other comment is.....

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT post! A very very good explanation of what a lot of us do with new products and what ALL should do...i.e. experiment with what you think will work and ADJUST as necessary. This is a prime example and with a popular new product on 3 different paint systems. And for us "slow learners", don't ever be satisfied with what you think is the best you're gonna get. THINK, and then try a different approach.

Thanks bwatereagleman! Great experience and info to share.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Great Review

Very helpful for those who want to try a new AIO
    Thanks for reading and your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and insights. My only other comment is.....

I knew I would get some grief about not posting any pics. I will try to get some after shots, but we are getting some rain now. Maybe, I can get some great beading shots

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    GREAT post! A very very good explanation of what a lot of us do with new products and what ALL should do...i.e. experiment with what you think will work and ADJUST as necessary. This is a prime example and with a popular new product on 3 different paint systems. And for us "slow learners", don't ever be satisfied with what you think is the best you're gonna get. THINK, and then try a different approach.

Thanks bwatereagleman! Great experience and info to share.
    Thanks for response and the kind words!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! There is certainly a small learning curve, but it is really is a wonderful one step product when you get accustomed to using it. It works wonders when paired with an orange or white LC hybrid and a Flex 3401. I too read Nick's comments on how much product to use, work time, speed, and how long to wait before wiping down. This helped greatly. I honestly don't wait more than 15-30 seconds before wiping down after polishing. Correction results are always impressive and the gloss it produces looks awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up. I just ordered some the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a couple of after shots of the BMW and the Toureg.

Some beading and clarity of the BMW...

The Toureg ...

Nice Clarity...

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice looking protected German paint!