autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A true unbiased & honest opinion, How is Detailers Coating vs. Pinnacle "Black Label" Coating?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I'm just going to throw in another two cents, which is these coating are touted at having a life measured in years...Detailer's coating has been out for 15 months, PBL for a year, Gloss-Coat for a couple of months...so I'm not sure there really is any idea yet of how these coatings stand up, relative to their claims or each other.
    With that being said Setec, other personal unknowns to myself, and perhaps all others, is their durability to withstand harsh cleaners, either acidic-alkaninic, bird droppings, road salts, UV degradation, mar resistance etc.

I certainly have no lab on hand, nor the time or knowledge to do highly controlled testing of such products to accurately say which one of all products available would prove to be winner?

There's no argument that nothing made can protect against flying debris, stone chips, eventual marring-swirling.

I doubt any would be able to shrug and fend off what I once went through about 7 years ago traveling south from Albuquerque-Belen, NM in the Kia , and that was a "major tumbleweed storm".

Imagine if you will, these literal tens of thousands of huge rolling balls of barb-wire like nastiness, many 1/2 the size of small cars blowing across the highway at 40-45mph speeds.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A true unbiased & honest opinion, How is Detailers Coating vs. Pinnacle "Black Label" Coating?

I heard about a coating that is designed to last years that makes your paint look better and protects it from harm.

It's called clear coat.

It's paint.
    The secret to getting ahead, is getting started..... ~Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12