autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mini review Ult Paste Wax

I finally got a chance to use Megs Ult Paste Wax and I thought I'd give a mini review.

It was a little difficult to spread at first but once the foam pad was 'primed' it went a lot easier. I guess I was trying to apply it as thin as possible and was trying a bit too hard to keep from overloading the pad with wax.

It was only 55* today and we had real low humidity so I think that helped the UPW flash/dry/set up faster, but it still spread very well even when you thought it was time to dip back into the can, it seemed that there was still just enough left in the applicator to do a bit more.

I decided to cover the whole car before removal, even though the swipe test showed that I could have removed it almost immediately. I actually think it would have removed a bit easier if I had gone a panel at a time, but it still wasn't difficult to remove except where I inadvertently applied it too thick but that only happened in a few spots and it was easy enough if I only took small 'bites' with the microfiber cloth and speaking of mf cloths, I decided to use one of my own instead of the supplied one because mine are softer and fuller (more fluffy?).

While removing the haze, I noticed that the finish was extremely slippery, I also noticed that when I went back over the car for a final wipe, the slipperiness had increased. By then the sun had moved and the hood and front end of the car were in the full sun. There were no smears, no swirls, no cloudiness or uneven looking areas on the car.

I wish my camera and laptop were on speaking terms, but they're not because the paint is as bright and deep red as I've ever seen it, "fire engine" was the first thing that came to my mind.

All that's left now is to see how well it holds up. All I can say is that if it's anything like the UQW (which has held up for over two weeks, rain and multiple washes) then it should be incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mini review Ult Paste Wax

A mini commentary...

Good stuff:
    Both your review and Meguiar's UPW!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, why yes the wax does dry pretty quickly, however even though your laptop, and or camera are not speaking you did a great job giving us a very detailed description

Moldavite

Thanks for sharing👍
    I had use Ult liquid wax and it was good experience

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! UPW rocks!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff. The liquid is nice too, but can streak in darker colors.

Post Thanks / Like

VERY NICE REVIEW! It's the only wax I use these days. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
    Detailing in Colorado since 2001