autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SONUS ION Paint Coating

Very tempted to try this. After starting many threads here about a fingerprint problem on my daily driver, I have been thinking if I am a candidate for a coating. A friend is a pro detailer and distributes this, let me call him up now before I change my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nubaseal View Post
    Very tempted to try this. After starting many threads here about a fingerprint problem on my daily driver, I have been thinking if I am a candidate for a coating. A friend is a pro detailer and distributes this, let me call him up now before I change my mind.
    You only get a 8oz bottle, but if you apply thin, the cost will be about $5-6 dollars per complete coat. I like being able to apply to half, or the whole car, then coming back and effortless wiping off. Some LSP's slow you down doing small section by small section.

Like i said before, I'm unsheltered, no shade, so i have to do early am or pm. Having something I can apply all at once, easy wipeoff is specific to what I really need.

The look actually surprised me, better than Powerlock, which I thought was great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been tempted for months to buy sonus ion, finally did it last night and very excited to put it on the dd!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dereksdtail View Post
    I've been tempted for months to buy sonus ion, finally did it last night and very excited to put it on the dd!
    Pretty sure you will be pleased. I have to question my sanity though, I already have 3 slightly used tubs of DoDo juice, some Powerlock, and #476.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    Pretty sure you will be pleased. I have to question my sanity though, I already have 3 slightly used tubs of DoDo juice, some Powerlock, and #476.
    You are clearly an amateur at buying car products you don't need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    Rained last night, intense thunderstorms about 9pm, took these this morning.
    One pic is from a section I applied on my DD.

Third pic, notice how the water just trails down to the spoiler, making a huge bead.
    Sonus Ion is very hydrophobic.......

Nice update. Looks like it's doing it's thing. I was tempted to buy this but held back. Too many LSP's already.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks interesting. I may try ION after my Sonax PNS is used up. If ION offers similar performance and easier application/removal, that would be great. PNS is a good product...impressive durability, beading, dirt release and looks...but it's a bit of a pita to use (i.e. it's not enjoyable to use, IMO).

Post Thanks / Like

anymore thoughts/feedback on this product?

Post Thanks / Like

SONUS ION Paint Coating-imageuploadedbyagonline1422133079-573160-jpgsonus ion in action!

Post Thanks / Like

I read another thread where the poster said SI only lasted a couple of months.
    I am sure the durability range for any LSP varies depending upon the weather, frequency of washing, exposure, type of shampoo used..etc.

My car sits outside 24/7. I wash with Optimum, or Finish Kare 1016. During the winter I use a waterless wash. Sonus has held up fine for 5 months, but keep in mind the products I have used to clean have some protection built in also--Optimum Wash n Wax, and Pinnacle waterless.

Ease of use was my favorite thing about Sonus Ion. It appeared to look like a polycharged version of Powerlock, same color, etc.

Overall it was worth the $$$, I have spent 75-100$ on a tub of 2 brands of wax before, and a application of this lasted a lot longer than those.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast