autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: CarPro Reset

Manufacturer description: CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo is a specially formulated shampoo that is designed to gently release dirt and grime without damaging the underlying coating – ie: Cquartz or any other quartz-based nano coating. CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo is extremely concentrated; only an ounce of shampoo is required for an entire 5 gallon bucket of water! CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo creates mounds of thick suds that rinse cleanly off the vehicle.

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo
    $24.99 for 1 liter

CarPro Reset is currently my default shampoo for washing my personal vehicles (2002 Infiniti Q45 and 2005 Infiniti QX56) since they're both coated, and any customers vehicles that I've coated.

I typically put about 1.5oz in my foam cannon.

Immediately after foaming:

One minute after foaming:

Five minutes after foaming:

As you can see, it foams well and dwells well. That's with the foam cannon set to maximum chemical.

I also tested it with the Gilmour Foam Gun, which sadly doesn't get much use since I got the SunJoe 2030 and foam cannon.

Performance with the Foam Gun was somewhat below average. It didn't foam nearly as well as Chemical Guy's Honey Dew Snow Foam, Mr. Pink, or Extreme Maxi Suds II.

Immediately after putting in 1.5oz and hitting it with a strong jet.

Amount of foam after three minutes of washing:

Amount of foam after seven minutes of washing:

Amount of foam upon completion, rinse bucket on the right:

Washing in progress:

Pros:
    • Good results with a foam cannon
    • Does a good job of keeping coating at it's best

Cons:
    • Not so great with a foam gun or hand washing
    • Fairly expensive - $25 for a liter (less if you've got wholesaler pricing through CarPro or some other detailing websites)

Verdict: If you love suds, it really isn't the soap for you. It still feels pretty slick, but doesn't do as great of a job on some dirt. The Q is garaged, but the barracks behind my company is being reconstructed, so there's constant construction dust on the car. Once it rains, that gets pounded in, and even with the CQuartzUK it takes some work to get clean. The Reset does a good job with the foam cannon, but not so much with a foam gun and hand washing. I think my next shampoo will be Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash.

Rating: 3 stars out of 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review. I have 500ml that I still haven't tried out but I'm itching to give it a shot.
    It seems expensive but one ounce can be used per wash which makes it very economical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: CarPro Reset

Good review!

Moldavite

very nice review and Thanks for putting this up with foam lance and gun

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review! I haven't tried mine in a foam gun or cannon, but have done a 2BM with it on a coated car. I felt it cleaned well and left the surface as if it had just been coated. I will agree, not sudsy at all, which did disappoint me a little but I did like the lubricity it provided throughout the entire wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Reset is the only soap I use on my CQUK'd crown vic, love that stuff! I remember reading somewhere that CarPro was toying around the idea of making a 'Reload Shampoo' version; AKA wash & wax. Maybe since the new Forte glass coating has started to hit the markets that will be the next project for them. I could never get the actual Reload to not streak when applied to my dark blue regardless of the dilution ratio, so making a shampoo that would top up Cquartz without having to spray anything on the paint would be a winner....nudge nudge wink wink Avi lol

Cheers
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review those subs are like heaven too

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! Thanks for testing in both a foam gun and cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

The whole "specialty soaps just for coatings"... is a true marketing scam, pure and simple. I've taken my own coated cars through hundreds of commercial touchless car washes over the last few winters without experiencing any degradation of the coating (but then again I don't use carpro coatings). In fact I've had the same result with sonax PNS sealant which is in a class by itself...acts like a coating, looks like a wax. I've heard ONR degrades an LSP but I can't verify that as I use DG rinseless exclusively when rinseless is appropriate.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast