autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up ECO TOUCH waterless wash concentrate, review

This is my 2nd review of the ECO TOUCH products I was lucky enough to win, so here's the review. I should also state that this is my first experience with waterless wash.

Introduction

With this product you can wash a dusty to moderately dirty car w/o using water, other than the ratio you have to dilute it which is 10:1 (10 parts water and 1 part solution) You'll need a couple mf towels and fold them over into 4's, so this way you've got 8 cleaning surfaces to use. Using common sense, work from the top to the bottom and I should add you'll wanna use the short nap side of the mf towel to do the glass, so you might wanna do the glass first which is what I did.

The product itself

This is the concentrate and it smells like lemon pledge, very pleasant. Like mentioned above, you mix it 10:1, I made up 2 batches of that and poured it into my 5 year warranty spray bottle. Its a very milky looking product that mixes well.

Washing the car, the process

Yesterday it rained on my car while I was at work, it was left with water spots and dust, about average, so the product is first being used on what would be considered "light dirt" but I really wanted to try it out. I first did the windows, used a light amount here per the video advice (the ECO TOUCH website has instructional videos) Using the short nap side to clean the glass I then wiped it dry it with a thicker mf towel, came out great and left a slick surface too. I then moved onto the car and once again, sprayed down each panel, wiped and then buffed with the thick mf towel. The finish looks flawless and smooth, very sharp! Because my car was only lightly dusty w/ water spots I only had to use 3 towels total, one for the glass, one for the body and one to buff dry. I also used the dirty towel that was pretty damp to wipe down the wheels too.

Conclusion

I will be trying this out when its driven in actual rain but for right now, I'm very impressed with my first usage of waterless wash concentrate. I know you can use the waterless when the car is driven in say 3 straight days of rain, no doubt about it but for me this will probably come down to rinseless wash for me. This is NOT because I don't trust ECO TOUCH and their claims, they even say that if the car is real dirty you'll need to pre-wash, so at that point I'm going to reach for my rinseless wash and have at it. I have recently bought 6 edgeless mf towels specifically for use with the ECO TOUCH waterless wash, so I've made the commitment to this type of wash and it really does have its place.

Once again I'd like to thank James from ECO TOUCH and Nick from AG for picking me for testing this product out, I'm glad I got to try out a great waterless wash like ECO TOUCH first, you only get one chance to make a first impression...impression made

Sorry, I washed my car in the garage and its raining out so no pics, lighting isn't the best down there but trust me, the car looks great after using this product!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ECO TOUCH waterless wash concentrate, review

Also did my first waterless wash this morning with above product. I thought it did great.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pics of the car after the ECO TOUCH waterless wash, down in the garage:

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ECO TOUCH waterless wash concentrate, review-uploadfromtaptalk1405190113983-jpg   ECO TOUCH waterless wash concentrate, review-uploadfromtaptalk1405190125200-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    So I took a ride out on Route 66 yesterday and picked up a ton of bugs, so decided to do another ECO TOUCH waterless wash, a legit one. Once again I used 3 towels, 2 to clean and 1 to buff and it did an outstanding job on the bug splatter on the windshield and front end, couldn't be happier with the performance of this product! I should also add the shine it leaves behind, very underated but I'm doing my best to rate it though, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    ***UPDATE***

As you guys know the ECO TOUCH products are on sale at select Target stores, so here's a reason or two to get some of the waterless wash in their bottle. One is because its on sale and two is because of the sprayer, not because of the quality but because of the amount of product it dispenses. I did another wash this morning and ended up using 3 oz less with the sprayer from ECO TOUCH. Oh yeah another reason to buy the ECO TOUCH waterless wash already made up is because you have the bottle already labeled as to what's in it, no need to write on a random bottle when you can buy 24 oz of the product, have a great bottle and quality sprayer, not to mention the label. OCD, nah, smart. YES!

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up several bottles of the RTU waterless wash on clearance at Target and was planning on doing a wash this week on the wife's new Santa Fe. However, we had the rear quarter panel repainted a little over a month ago due to a rock chip so I was wondering if the Eco Touch WW would be safe to use since I was advised not to place any wax/lsp on the resprayed area for 90 days to allow the paint to fully cure? I see where the product description says it is a "water-based polymer" which I assume is safe, but thought I would check with the AG gang to see if there was something I was missing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlabs12 View Post
    I picked up several bottles of the RTU waterless wash on clearance at Target and was planning on doing a wash this week on the wife's new Santa Fe. However, we had the rear quarter panel repainted a little over a month ago due to a rock chip so I was wondering if the Eco Touch WW would be safe to use since I was advised not to place any wax/lsp on the resprayed area for 90 days to allow the paint to fully cure? I see where the product description says it is a "water-based polymer" which I assume is safe, but thought I would check with the AG gang to see if there was something I was missing.
    I can't see where using a waterless wash would hurt, I mean its not like you can't wash your car unless they said not to. Check with the body shop and see what they say. You can also contact ECO TOUCH directly jdudra@ecotouch.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I can't see where using a waterless wash would hurt, I mean its not like you can't wash your car unless they said not to. Check with the body shop and see what they say. You can also contact ECO TOUCH directly jdudra@ecotouch.net
    Thanks for the contact email Klasse Act. I have washed the vehicle a few times already with other products, but I guess I wanted to be sure the WW did not have any carnuba in it before proceeding. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Used this again sunday to touch up the xterra after a full wash saturday. We had rain saturday. It did a great job of removing the light dirt that was there. Good product. I can see me using this when it's too cold out for a regular wash and the xterra is not too dirty.
    2018 Colorado ZR2