autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool NanoSkin Clay wash mitt and towel

I am considering buying one of these microfiber wash mitts or towels with the clay like side for removing surface contaminations and smoothing over the paint. My question to everyone is if they are worth getting. I know I can get the results I want with a clay bar, but if there is a easier and faster way to achieve the same results then I'm open to it. I have read that they scratch the paint and even fall apart, not sure if that common or not so please let me know what you guys think.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NanoSkin Clay wash mitt and towel

I use the Blue Nanoskin Sponge. I have not used the mitt or towel so I can't give a comment on it. I can tell you, however, the Nanoskin (Blue) sponge is incredible and is just as good or better than "traditional" clay. You will finish "Nanoskinning" you car in about 35-50% faster than clay.

Additionally, if you drop the sponge no big deal just wipe off and keep on truckin. With the old clay they suggest to throw away or risk damaging your car with scratches the clay picks up when you drop it. Additionally, you will not experience pieces of clay on your hand or stuck on the panel.

I have 1 clay bar still in its wrapper. It is now going on close to 1 year old. It will serve its purpose as a paper weight and is doing a great job as a paperweight.

You asked if you can get the same results as traditional clay. Yes you can get the same results as regular clay. Not only the same results (I think better) but accomplish the job in nearly 1/2 the time as the old clay way.

I like the Blue Sponge because it is like a fine clay. The Yellow (which I have not tried) is more medium type "clay".

The main reason why I have not tried other Nanoskin Products is that the Blue Sponge is all I need. Additionally, the sponge will last 2 to 3 times longer than clay.

Again, this is my opinion and I hope it helps.

Post Thanks / Like

They are definitely worth it. I have both grades of the sponges and the wash mitt.

The wash mitt is the bomb diggity fresh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post
    They are definitely worth it. I have both grades of the sponges and the wash mitt.

The wash mitt is the bomb diggity fresh.
    I may get the wash mitt only because it is "Bomb Diggity Fresh"....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Alrighty then I guess that answers that, getting the wash mitt and one of the towels. The way I see it is the towel can get into the tight spots like inner door handles and the mitt is larger than the sponge so you can cover more in each pass. Just hope they are as durable as the sponges are.