autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1Z Einszett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate Review

Now that warm weather has finally arrived and weekend road trips equal bug splattered windshields I thought it would be the perfect time to try 1Z Einszett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate.

]

From AG's product page for 1Z Einszett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate:
    "1Z Einszett Kristallklar Premium Windshield Washer Fluid Concentrate eliminates wiper blade rattles and squeaks by utilizing advanced lubricants in its formula which reduce wear and tear. Environmentally friendly formula is biodegradable, phosphate-free, and formalin-free. It does not leave white residue on paintwork, and it has a fresh citrus scent!"
    The bottle comes with easy to follow instructions printed on the label. Mixing 1Z with water couldn't be easier thanks to a built in 1oz measuring reservoir. At a 1:100 concentrate, a single 8.5ozbottle will make 7 gallons of wiper fluid. As a tip, add 1Z KKWFC to water last since it has a tendency to foam up quickly.

Because my house has a well with a water conditioning + softener I choose to buy a gallon of distilled water to test with, however the mixing instructions only call for tap water. 1oz of 1Z makes 1 gallon of wiper fluid, so the jug of distilled water provided an ideal container to mix-up a batch in. Please note, this is a warm weather product. It will freeze!!!!

Before testing I thoroughly cleaned off the windscreen to make sure all road film, pollen, water spots, and prior bug splatter was removed. To make sure there was only 1Z KKWFC in my washer fluid reservoir I siphoned out the existing fluid. Blue stuff + orange stuff = dark green muck:

Armed with a clean windscreen and full wiper fluid tank of 1Z KK I set out on a 350mile drive. ​

Observations: ​For the most part 1Z did keep the windshield clear, it did not leave any streaks or residue. The wiper blades did chatter across the windshield a few times while at highway speed. ​Like most ​1Z products, KKWFC has a slight citrus odor which enters the cabin when applied. It's not an offensive smell in anyway, but noticeable.

​At $8.99 for a bottle or $1.24 per gallon once mixed, 1Z Einszett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate offers a very economical option over the store bought blue stuff. What's more, if your traveling keeping a bottle of this with you provides an easy refill option - either premix in a gallon of water or add it directly to your reservoir after topping off with water.

All in all a great product for warm weather driving.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1Z Einszett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate Review

Whew! I almost had a heart attack! I thought that was on top of the BMW but I remember you have a convertible and it doesn't have a sun roof.

Very nice review. I should grab some of this to try out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Whew! I almost had a heart attack! I thought that was on top of the BMW but I remember you have a convertible and it doesn't have a sun roof.

Very nice review. I should grab some of this to try out.
    LOL! Sorry brother! Yeah that's my DD's sunroof - other wise know as the ONLY spot I'll place an object on.

In addition to the points above, I've really come to appreciate how 1Z KK disappears from my windshield after use - it doesn't leave any residue at all. In the past I've used P21s Windshield Washer Booster to help power off summer time bug jerky and although it works - P21S does streak, leaves a film behind, and tends to make the blue stuff freeze in the winter.

Just bought a second bottle of 1Z KK for a buddy's x-country road trip from Philly - Seattle - Vegas - Utah - Philly. It will be intresting to hear his impressions after the trip is over.

Post Thanks / Like

Love this stuff. Got a 2nd bottle in reserve.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

*Bump*

Just made up a fresh batch of 1z Einszett Washerfluid using the last ounce left in the bottle from this review. Really love how easy it is to make up a fresh batch of washer fluid whenever I need to. Plus it smells great!

Post Thanks / Like

This product has been replaced by the new Nexzett Kristallklar Premium Windshield Washer Fluid Concentrate 250ml. Great product!

Nexzett Kristall Klar Windshield Washer Fluid Concentrate 250 ml NEW LOOK!

Post Thanks / Like

Just mixed up a few gallons and added the first one to the tank this season. Cant stress enough how big of a difference this stuff makes during the summer months!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    To make sure there was only 1Z KKWFC in my washer fluid reservoir I siphoned out the existing fluid.
    How does 1 go about siphoning out the washer fluid in the reservoir?
    Reason I ask is because I just fixed the broken windshield washer line leading to my windshield washer sprayers and ordered some 303 Windshield Washer Tablets which I’ll be trying out for the 1st time.

I also ordered brand new silicone wiper blades and everything so yea I’m going all out and striving for perfection once my package arrives. 1Z Einszett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate Review

So how would you siphon it out? With the shop vac?

Post Thanks / Like

Ric, get yourself one of these.

They are a God send to have around the shop for emptying fuel tanks, or a washer fluid tank.

I think they are less than 20 bucks on the Big A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Ric, get yourself one of these.

They are a God send to have around the shop for emptying fuel tanks, or a washer fluid tank.

I think they are less than 20 bucks on the Big A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People will1Z Einszett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate Review if you mess around and get caught trying to use something like that to empty their fuel tank. People don’t play in LA... Combine that with how high gas prices are out here and it’s like playing Russian roulette.

It’ll be a God send alright... Literally.1Z Einszett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate Review

11. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast