autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailer’s Pro Series Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner Reviewed

If there's one thing I can't stand its dirty glass. From the windows in my car, house, drinking glasses, eye glasses, sun glasses, iPhone and iPad - if the glass is anything less than perfectly clear I clean it.

For years, I used two terry cloth towels for cleaning my cars glass - one damp with hot water for cleaning followed by a dry one for buffing. This approach worked but wasn't always 100% - lint and other debris often remained.

Fast forward to my ever growing collection of microfiber towels and exploration into glass cleaning products. Today that leads me to Detailer's Pro Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner.

From AG product page for DP KVGC:
    "Detailer’s Pro Series Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner is a superior auto glass cleaner. It comes out of the sprayer like water. There’s no foam and there’s absolutely no harsh smell. As you wipe over the glass the film, the smudges and spots start to disappear. Detailer’s Pro Series Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner leaves glass clean and clear"

Armed with a supply of clean waffle weave microfiber glass cleaning towels and a fresh pair of nitrile gloves I set out to test the above claims.

First off, DP KVGC smells like - nothing at all. The smell is totally neutral. No terrible ammonia odor invaded my senses. Another ingredient missing is alcohol. Since this product is VOC compliant, and alcohol being a volatile organic compound, DP KVGC was formulated without it.

DP KVGC's has a watery consistence but when sprayed directly it sticks to glass. I had to spray a health amount to try and get it to run. This is after a single squirt:

Whenever I'm cleaning inside glass I'll spray the cleaning product onto a mf and then apply. On outside glass, I'll also do this but for tough spots I'll spray the surface directly with the towel cupped by my other hand so it acts as a barrier from over-spraying onto an unintended surface.

Here's a streak on my rear windscreen:

After spraying 1/2 of it, the streak was cleanly removed with a single swipe:

Another thing I noticed is how quickly DP KVGC evaporates - it barely leaves behind a trail as you swipe a MF across glass surfaces.

After doing the entire car inside and out, I used up ~3oz of DP KVGC. At $16.99 for a 32oz bottle this equals $1.59 worth of product used at $.53 per oz. Is it a good value? As a benchmark, Stoner's is 3X cheaper but I do not believe it is VOC compliant. Additionally, Stoner's cannot be used on polycarbonate plastic, and is safe on "most" after market tinted windows. DP KVGC on the other hand is VOC free, safe on all plastics and tinted windows. For those reason, yes I do think DP KVGC is worth the price.

Additional information:

• Temperature: ~83'F
    • Humidity: ~85%
    • Preformed on cool glass inside a garage

I hope you found this review helpful!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer’s Pro Series Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner Reviewed

Very nice review Angus! I to love clean windows.

Now I can't wait to see that BMW polished up with Menzerna.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Very nice review Angus! I to love clean windows.

Now I can't wait to see that BMW polished up with Menzerna.
    Hahaha! Now that's a review I'm looking forward to writing up!!

Speaking of clean windows - UPS guys just dropped this off:

I'll be mixing up a gallon tonight for a long drive this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I was pleasantly suprised with this product as well for light window cleaning. I have actually only used it on my bathroom mirrors and shower doors, but it left a streak free clean.