autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical guys products

Hello folks.

I use the following from CHEMICAL GUYS:

SUPER SUDS II CITRUS:

Works great. Lots of suds. No residue or film is left. Soft on waxes and let's face it, smells great!!! Gets stubborn bugs, tar and other stubborn road debris off my wife's white vehicle.

INNERCLEAN QUICK DETAILER:

Good if you want a factory Matte finish. I personally got tired of the greasy feeling and dust attracting interior retailers. This stuff leaves no residue, grease or shine. Cleans coffee, cigarette ashes and stains off seatbelt adjusters and door trims. Cleans grease and whatever else you have stuck to you interior. Smells of pineapple and it's not over bearing. The only issues is if you don't get it all and leave some behind it can leave a film or white residue. So make sure you wipe it all and sort of buff. Only draw back to this stuff. 100% will not feel greasy

EXTREME SLICK SYN DETAILER:

This stuff is weird compared to the usual quick detailers. It's none greasy and doesn't leave anything behind that's visible. It goes on and off easy. Really easy. However, you can't spray a large area at a time (hood). It's seems to dry quick and evaporate. It does what it's meant to do which is pick up dust and good for water spots etc... Personally I only use these things after a clean. I hate the idea of using these with dust on the surface of the paint. That's just me.

GRIME REAPER STRONGER THAN ACID:

This stuff is truly intense. Use with caution and don't go crazy with it. Follow the dilution of 1 parts cleaner 5 parts water. I use this for engine bay, wheels and underbody. If it's made strong you'll actually see it eat at your driveway!!!! So be careful. If you have microfibres cloths with stains and grease this stuff is great for that. Soak em in a bucket of this stuff (diluted) and cleans cloths!!!! Gloves also recommended when using this stuff. Some wiping is necessary when using in wheels and engine bay. Nothing abrasive just a cloth to help it along. It's not gonna clean your wheels for you. Just help you.

SCENTS (liquid spray):

Good for a quick scent in the vehicle. Don't spray on anything but fabrics. If leather seats spray carpets. Leaves residue. Doesn't last long but good for showing off vehicle or showing the wife a new clean car! Aside from that stick to little trees.

That's all I have from them but plan on using there line of products. So far all there products have acted and performed as the state.

There products are clearly, fully and easily described. You know what to expect before buying which to me is very important. I don't like surprises.

Also, for those who like tutorials and how-to's they have lots of YouTube videos showing there products in use, how to use them and typically have videos for showing the performance of there products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical guys products

meh, the only thing i really use and care for by them are their washes...

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I, too, mainly use their washes. I do use V7 but everything else of theirs I've tried I really haven't been impressed by. Any and all interior/tire dressings, Blacklight, or any of their polishes.

Post Thanks / Like

The EZ Creme Glaze is good too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zexel View Post
    I, too, mainly use their washes. I do use V7 but everything else of theirs I've tried I really haven't been impressed by. Any and all interior/tire dressings, Blacklight, or any of their polishes.

Hey Zexel! Care to elaborate? I was getting ready to order more from them. So some more info on the polishes and tire dressings would be great! .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

products I use and like from CG:

Citrus wash and gloss
    All-clean+ Actually I love this APC
    Innerclean Great smell!! Matte OEM finsih
    New look trim gel Good on tires
    Vintage series metal polish A pleasure to use
    Signature series wheel cleaner, this is my bulk cleaner for wheel that don't need sonax/iron-x

Those are the product I like, I tried products that I didn't like that much including

Bare bones-smell to strong, messy application
    Factory paint sealant- didn't last long at all
    Butter wet wax- didn't spread well

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend that worked in their warehouse and he told me about the Project J97 and Pure Concours 50/50.....I was pretty much in a shock about it
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aztec1987 View Post
    I have a friend that worked in their warehouse and he told me about the Project J97 and Pure Concours 50/50.....I was pretty much in a shock about it
    what shocked you about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerGM View Post
    x2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerGM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    x2

He worked for the company for about a year and a half. I asked him what is the difference about those two products in which he said that both of them have the same formula and is basically the same thing. The difference is that the Project J97 has a bit more of carnuba wax that 50/50. He told me not to spend the money on the Project J97 in which your only paying for the packaging. Yes that's right, the container that it comes with is what makes that item expensive since it is made of some form of "special" material. Bottom line: they are both the same thing, stick with the Concours 50/50 since its way cheaper than Project J97 and as well give you the same results!
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast