autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

CCS Euro Hand Pads

I am ordering a Griots DA polisher a 6 inch backing plate and a 3 inch backing plate. But for those tight sports where I cant use a DA im thinking about ordering some CCS Euro Hand compound and polishing pads. So im curious if anyone has used them and if the are effective. Also im curious as to how you could clean up headlights and taillights in terms of eliminating fine scratches. Could I treat them the same as paint and polish them up? or would that be too abrasive?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CCS Euro Hand Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Paulyfe12 View Post
    I am ordering a Griots DA polisher a 6 inch backing plate and a 3 inch backing plate. But for those tight sports where I cant use a DA im thinking about ordering some CCS Euro Hand compound and polishing pads. So im curious if anyone has used them and if the are effective. Also im curious as to how you could clean up headlights and taillights in terms of eliminating fine scratches. Could I treat them the same as paint and polish them up? or would that be too abrasive?
    Yes and yes

and Yes>

the ccs hand pads are very effective and I have a several of them and would not be without them.

I typically treat tail lenses and headlights with what ever I'm using for compounding and polishing......unless they are in very bad condition then I'll break out the sanding disks.
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

oh ok nice, what would your recommended technique be for using the Euro pads? what direction, pressure, time taken to rub the product in. anything you can tell me

Post Thanks / Like

oh ok nice, what would your recommended technique be for using the Euro pads? what direction, pressure, time taken to rub the product in. anything you can tell me
    I usually use a cross hatch pattern.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

the same pattern as you would with a DA, makes sense thanks

Post Thanks / Like

the GG6 comes with a 6" backing plate, so order a 5" and 3.5". Then you can use 6.5", 5.5", and 4" pads. The 4" pads work great for headlights and tail lights and smaller areas that are tougher to get with the larger pads. Then use the hand pads that you can't reach with the 4" pads. I have the orange, white, and red ccs hand pads and use them all the time.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

do the hand pads wear out? or do you simply need to wash and dry them? Ive always wondered how long do the pads for a polisher and hand pads last before they need to be replaced. not during a polishing process, but like all together, like throw it in the garbage and buy new ones

Post Thanks / Like

The hand pads should last a long time unless you are doing a whole car with them. If you are just doing a few tight spots each detail, they won't get much wear. Just clean like regular polishing pads. I use all purpose cleaner, let them soak a few minutes, then rinse and wring out. To dry I put them face down on a grit guard for a few days, then into a ziploc bag until next time.

As for the machine pads, I usually clean them and then take a look at them after they have dried to determine if I can use them again. If they look near new, then I re-use them. If there are any chunks out or I can see some general wear on the face of the foam, or there is any deformity in the shape, then I will toss.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

alright thanks man