autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review : Pinnacle Black Label Synergy

Review: Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax

Black Label Synergy, synthetic wax, coating wax, best paste wax

Big thanks to Nick & Autogeek for selecting me as one of the lucky winners to try Black Label Synergy…

Last November, I applied PBL Diamond Paint, PBL Sealant, and Blackfire BlackICE to my mustang and first off, let me say that all three products have exceeded my expectations. Some people may say why would you apply all three products to your car? For some it may seem like overkill but for me, my mustang is daily driver and not a garage queen. I prefer to protect my paint as best I can. Enough of that on too the review…

PREP:
    First thing I needed to do was wash the ride and strip BlackICE. Thanks for the PBL Surface Cleansing Polish. I noticed right away after applying PBL surface cleansing polish with an LC Tangerine pad, the shine and gloss that disappeared when I applied BlackICE surprisingly came back.

QUESTION: Out of curiosity, for those that have PBL paint/surface coating, have you used the cleansing polish to clean the coating since you applied it?

APPLICATION:
    Synergy has a caramel/butterscotch smell to it unlike the shoe polish smell of BlackICE. Apply Synergy in a thin, even, and uniform coat. A little goes a long way and thin is definitely in. I applied Synergy in circles using the supplied yellow applicator - easy on easy off. Wait 10 minutes before buffing off. I waited 2 hours, as suggested, to apply the second coat – pita imo…

Time for some pictures:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK1qkDgLqv8]PBL Synergy - water beads - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jam7x1cY5Vo]PBL Synergy - water beads - YouTube[/video]

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Please excuse my camera skills, I’m a total amateur in regards to photography let alone learning how to use a Nikon D60. In that regards, all I can say is WOW

I’ve owned several black vehicles in my lifetime and trying to maintain a finish that has depth and gloss that black deserves has always been my goal. Of course, with the help of my fellow geekaroonies, I now understand and have the skills to maintain my finish. Most importantly, I understand that any wax is just icing on the cake, it all comes down to prep work and having the paint surgically clean.

I wanted to provide a little twist in this review by doing a side-by-side comparison of BlackICE vs Synergy on my trunk and spoiler. Unfortunately, I was so excited to apply Synergy that I forgot.

In addition, I picked a really bad time to do a review because of high winds and pollen in the air but I want to share my experiences. If I were to compare Synergy vs BlackICE, imo Synergy wins for gloss and shine while BlackICE produces more depth. I hope you enjoy my first official review, please feel free to ask any questions or make any comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review : Pinnacle Black Label Synergy

Again, stunning results!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - beautiful! Thanks for the great review!

Post Thanks / Like

And now for a question: what is the purpose of Mosquitos, besides drinking for free and leaving an itchy bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Was looking forward to your review! Your Stang looks great in those pictures.

A couple questions, you said applying the second coat was a pita, why? Just because you had to wait a while or was there an issue applying a second coat?

After using Synergy, would you personally buy it? Especially considering the price? Why would you or wouldn't you?

You have a nice camera to learn with! I started with a Nikon D50, then D200 and currently a D800. You honestly take better pictures than some pros with better equipment.

Thanks for the review and info. Its extra helpful to me since your a fellow stanger!

Oh one more question....what do you plan to do with the rest of your Synergy? I know a great Mustang that would love to wear it..... lol jk!

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking mustang!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Docpeanut View Post
    Again, stunning results!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rms64 View Post
    Wow - beautiful! Thanks for the great review!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
    Was looking forward to your review! Your Stang looks great in those pictures.

A couple questions, you said applying the second coat was a pita, why? Just because you had to wait a while or was there an issue applying a second coat?

After using Synergy, would you personally buy it? Especially considering the price? Why would you or wouldn't you?

You have a nice camera to learn with! I started with a Nikon D50, then D200 and currently a D800. You honestly take better pictures than some pros with better equipment.

Thanks for the review and info. Its extra helpful to me since your a fellow stanger!

Oh one more question....what do you plan to do with the rest of your Synergy? I know a great Mustang that would love to wear it..... lol jk!
    1 - Yes, I didn't like the idea of waiting 2 hours. There were no issues applying the 2nd coat.

2- Yes, I personally would buy Synergy. However, I'd be smart and wait for a sale (Black Friday - hint hint) Yes, $195 is quite a bit of money for wax but imo, as long as I'm happy is all that matters. I will say it's a tough choice to choose between BlackICE & Synergy!

I probably snapped off about 200 shots, still learning about angles and lighting and all that comes along with photography. The first photo was taken with a Canon T3 and a special portrait lens my soon to be brother-in-law just got.

Well, if you wanna make a trip to Cali, I'm sure we can make time to wax your stang.

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    Good looking mustang!
    Thank you! Nice SS...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Excellent reflections! Thanks for taking your time to write a review. I enjoyed the photographs as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    Nice! Excellent reflections! Thanks for taking your time to write a review. I enjoyed the photographs as well.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice first review James! I thoroughly enjoyed reading through it.

Man that really makes the water bead up and dance off the surface! The pictures came out really well and showcase the gloss and reflection this wax has to offer.

Now it's my turn to get a review done on this wax. Stay tuned...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast