autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

It seems I'm the first one, well other than DG, to have used this system on their car, so I'd like to start off the review with one of my own. I welcome all other users to do so as well, whether you like it or not, please be as detailed as possible and include pics, everyone likes pics.

My first use of the new system was March 30th where it was 54 degrees outside, close enough to 60 and I did it in our underground garage parking spot where its usually a bit warmer, usually. Here's a run down of what I used:

-GG3" w/ orange foam pad
    -GG6" w/ orange foam pad
    -Meg's M101
    -Speedy Prep towel (fine grade)
    -DG rinseless wash
    -DG Squeaky Clean
    -DG Nanoglass Ceramic Coating

So the day before I did a rinseless wash and then masked off the stripes, trim and emblems, less work to do the next day. I then wiped down the car to remove any dust and got to it. I used the GG3" to do the following:

-bumpers, front fenders, sideskirts and side roof pillar.

The GG6" was used to do the following:

-hood, roof/spoiler, doors and rear quarters.

The use of Meg's M101 was VERY easy and produced amazing results, so much that there was NO need to follow up with anything other than a rinsedown at the quarter carwash afterwards, period. Once outside the metallic flake POPPED! I then pulled the car back into the garage for the next stage, the paint prep, aka Squeaky Clean.

Squeaky Clean comes in a 4oz bottle and even when you shake it up it doesn't stick to the sides of the bottle, very interesting, never seen anything like that before. Application was very easy, apply by hand, rub it on, wait for it to haze and wipe it off, easy and that's what I did. Now I did mention the temps but I had NO issue removing the Squeaky Clean. This product makes the paint completely clean and free from anything, thus makes it perfect for applying the next and final step, the DG paint coating.

The Nanoglass Ceramic coating is the latest in wipe on, walk away (WOWA) products to hit the market, one that's been long awaited by us DG fans. The directions are easy, spray the pad to prime, then do one section at a time and wipe in until it disappears and then move onto the next section. Now I will say that due to the temps and maybe the learning curve I may have used a bit too much but per the directions any high spots can be removed by buffing, which I did the next day without a problem. That said, there wasn't too many of them amyways. I was told by Bill, the president of DG, that a 2nd coat can go on 24 hrs later, so it has a cure time of 1 full day. Sadly I wasn't able to apply the 2nd coat due to colder temps but I did wash the car 2 days later and let me tell you this, even though the product was freshly applied you could really feel the slickness, a term thrown around quite a bit here but IMO this product is VERY slick. Even drying the car was easier and faster as well, I ofcoarse used DG rinseless wash for my wash media. Speaking of that, Bill said its all you need to do once the coating is applied, nothing else, no other products are necessary, even their own, not even AW for maintenance. I didn't wanna question him why because I thought that would be rude.

Final Impressions

The paint now looks the way it supposed to, it just gleems and is very smooth and that metallic, oh the metallic! If your looking to protect your ride and not have to do alot of work afterwards, look no further, this is the system your looking for, period. The price is $38.00 on their website and you get the 1 bottle or Squeaky Clean, 1 bottle of paint coating, 2 applicator pads and 1 mf towel. Ordering directly from DG will cost you FIVE DOLLARS for shipping, for a total of $43.00, how Duragloss is that!!!

Ok, onto the pics and no, I have no "before and afters", hard to take pics out in the sun w/o glare as I'm using my old smart phone, no fancy camera used here, just real pics w/o any effects. I'm sure others will do "before and afters" but this product isn't for paint correction anyways but rest assured, the M101 did an AMAZING job and although this is DG thread, the look wouldn't have been accomplished without the use of M101, another product that lives up the hype, period!

Pics, ah yes the pics. Having an issue getting them off of Photobucket, so I'm going to post them via my phone as soon as I finish this, enjoy the next post!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396539508783-jpg   The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396539544762-jpg   The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396539582442-jpg   The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396539665087-jpg   The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396539738772-jpg   The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396539789785-jpg   The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396539845333-jpg   The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396539895752-jpg   The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396539933492-jpg   The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1396540011842-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Sounds exactly like DP or PBL spray coatings.....

Excellent work and write up, I am sure you'll get lots of questions, lol so prepare to write back to all the DG fans! haha

BTW we've been looking at getting that car, love that ride, perfect for our minimal so cal commutes.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very informational review great job

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great !
    How much Nanoglass did it take for a car that size?
    Just wondering, do you think you could easily get 2 coats on a mid size car with the kit.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the 1st pic, that one didn't come out so well but like I said I'm using an older smart phone, emphasis on OLDER. Thanks for the compliments early on, I didn't wanna get too "wordy" but rather straight and to the point. Now if there's any specific questions feel free to ask away here, that's what's going to help to get the word out and help people with their decision. I only have one other coating to compare it to personally and that's DP as I used that last fall with great success. I can't wait to apply the 2nd coat when it warms up once again because I bet it will look even better if I had to guess.

Oh yeah I showed a shot of the wheels, the tires were treated with Pinnacle Black Onyx, my favorite tire dressing and what you see there is a tire that was dressed on Sunday, rained on Monday and drove through some rain on the way home and then rinseless washed on Wedneday, touched with my mf glove too, so you can see how it looks after all that. Love Pinnacle Black Onyx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob57 View Post
    Looks great !
    How much Nanoglass did it take for a car that size?
    Just wondering, do you think you could easily get 2 coats on a mid size car with the kit.

Bob
    Well 1 spray per panel is more than enough for my car but an average car I would say 2-3 sprays per hood/roof/trunk but you've gotta just "feel it" if that makes any sense. If you happen to use too much you can simply buff off the extra, no problem but just work the coating in, just keep rubbing it in and it should start to disappear.

Then 24 hrs later you can apply a 2nd coat, obviously make sure the surface is clean and free of dust.

As far as how many coats, you'll get waaaay more than coats on a midsize car! If you've got an empty bottle after 2 coats you've used waaaay too much. I'm sure DG would love to see you another bottle but to be honest, the way that company runs, they'd rather you use it correctly and have enough to do many more cars!

Post Thanks / Like

That makes the kit even more interesting.

Thanks

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Wow great write up, make me want to get it now even more! Looks SIMPLE!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast