autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

I applied this to my mustang over the weekend. I washed with maxisuds 2, hit it with an eagle one prep mitt and followed it up with the squeaky clean polish. I think my prep was up to par, but I definitely had some issues applying it properly. I am not sure that i had proper coverage, but the gloss was great this morning. Unfortunately, the beading is absolute garbage today. We had a surprise rain storm and the coating had only 20 some hours of cure time before exposure.

Do you think the cure time was too short and the beading poor due to that? Sorry, but i wasn't able to get any decent pics over lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the initial coating cure inside the garage after it was applied?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

yes, it was in the garage the whole time. You should see how bad it looks this morning...it is completely covered with a rain and grain dust combination. It didn't rain on my way home last night so i wasn't able to see if any of this crap is going to shed off on its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the car dirty with the bad beading or was it clean and then sat in the rain, just curious?

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure some of the dirt killed some the beading.....comparitively speaking D156 has more beading with similar dirt.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't really don't know what to say here, it's been years since I last used this product. I thought coatings weren't for me and took a year off of using them but 2 years ago in was given some Pinnacle BL and tried it again to get me through winter and actually liked how it worked.

Fast forward to this spring where I'll be using Wolfgang Uber paint coating after I make the paint as perfect as it can be, doing the most prep I've ever done before, including a clay towel wipe as chemical decon. I will then polish the paint twice, wash and get ready for coating. Once I do the initial coating I will wait 2 hrs and then apply a 2nd coat and then let it sit for a solid 24 hrs.

I wonder if DG is going to reformulate this product due to the competition out there as well as what's been learned in the field.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a real update here, but I hit it up with some D114 and it seemed to come clean very easily. I had some road tar by the back tires that just wiped right off as easy as dirt. I will be autocrossing tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't test the coatings endurance to cone abrasion

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Fast forward 6 years. This is my 3rd try with the original DG Ceramic Coating Kit. Noticed that the NEW kit now has a Base Coat AND a Top Coat in separate bottles.

My First try was done 6 years ago in < 50 degrees. Ended up with very little beading. Second try 2-3 years later ended up using too much product causing several high spots. Third try a few weeks ago was just completed. After my most extensive and best car prep ever, on a new 2020 Honda, in 70 degree temps, panel wipes everywhere, using suede MF on a Gyeon block with very small spritz's from the Enviroshield bottle, in small sections and waiting for flashing then wiping down with MF, I ended up with an extremely bright glossy look. A Zaino glossy look but kicked up a few notches to a very high shine.

The coated paint was allowed to cure 24-hours. Sprayed every panel with water out of a bottle and the beading was literally hundreds of small, very tight beads all over the car. I was impressed. But it took me 3 tries.

Now. I can do a 2nd coat very easily (have plenty leftover) or I can do a sacrificial 2nd coat with DG's new Ceramic Spray Sealant (need to order) or use Kamikaze's Overcoat (which I have in hand). Or walk away.

So, curious if anyone has tried the new sprayers (SIO2, Siloxane, Silica, Quartz etc...) over a coating and is it worth it???
    Last edited by jmsc; 10-26-2020 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling

9. Thanks Rollo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy old thread but thank you, saw old pics of my AbarthThe OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone! Seems like they've stepped up their product a bit more to keep up with the times The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great write up brother!!!

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast