autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Its not a super coating but for $38 and a year plus (I'm on 14 months) of protection that's better than any sealant...and as easy, if not easier than a sealant to apply...it's the perfect "starter coating" for most people. Hit it with Aquawax every month and you're golden.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it would be a good comparison to C.A.R. Bulletproof Coating & Dr. Beasley's nano-resin.

Post Thanks / Like

I applied this to my wifes MAZDA 6 last year and it's still heading up, not real tight beads but pretty good. I agree about how it lasts and what it costs, can't be best!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at almost 6 months with the product on my car, which is parked outside during the day and garaged otherwise.

I'm not happy with it, it does not release dirt very well. Sonax PNS is much better. It seems to be holding up pretty well, but is losing its beading at almost the same rate as PNS.

I wouldn't recommend this product. The prep work is too much effort for the level of performance.

I may try the new Blackfire Crystal Coat in the fall.

Post Thanks / Like

How would you suggest I removed parts of the coating to apply Dr. Colorchip? I didn't have time over the weekend to do it before I coated.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    How would you suggest I removed parts of the coating to apply Dr. Colorchip? I didn't have time over the weekend to do it before I coated.
    I seriously doubt there will be enough coating on the surface to have any ill effects when applying Dr. Colorchip.

Of course you could always take a little foam applicator put a little bit of polish on it and just do an area with your fingertip... easily removing any coating that would be there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not very happy with the durability, but i washed my car this weekend and then applied aquawax qd on top of the enviroshield and wow the shine was out of this world on my 13 y/o paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally had sometime to use some of this, started out with wash,decon, and polish with m205. This is my type of coating easy and quick to apply, buff off high spots and boom slick and glossy. I'm for sure going to invest in some more wowa coatings

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using DG Enviroshield as my first serious detailing project on my 2007 Porsche GT3 which I bought new at that time. Only 18K miles, driven to work about twice a week, always garaged and driven only from spring to fall as I am in NJ. Previously, I just used Rejex after washing and claying or Zaino AIO followed by their CS product but the last protective coat was applied maybe 3-4 years ago.

I went all out for me, bought a PC 7424XP, Griots 3 inch DA polisher, various pads (spoke with Autopia) and a set of DG products.

What I did now is wash with DG CWC using their MF mitt, clay with Blackfire, polished with DG 671 swirl mark remover using the PC/white pad, followed by Squeaky Clean again using the PC/black pad, then IPA wipe down as there were some tiny "flakes" from the Squeaky Clean. I then laid my first layer of the NanoGlass Ceramic Coating followed by another 24 hours later.

This is where I am at. I'm going away for the holiday weekend and when I come back, I'm going to wipe down the car with the DG FC (Fast Clean and Shine QD) as I find that even in the garage, dust/pollen lands on the car after a few days causing visible buildup.

Is this OK to do as I've read on this thread that DG AW shouldn't be applied to the car for 3-6 months or not at all according to the head of DG.

Funny thing is that I called DG technical 2 weeks ago and spoke with technical support about their products as I was unfamiliar with detailing and DG products in general (prior to finding and reading almost this entire thread). After I brought up the idea of adding DG 105 on top of the Ceramic Coat, the staff told me that I could layer the 105 (to make a deeper rich black) 4 days after I laid down the DG Ceramic coating so I bought it. The following week, I had a few more questions and got the same person. He told me I could layer a second DGCC 3-4 hours after the first application but NOT to use the DG 105. He also brought up using DG AW 4 days afterwards as a topping agent. This is in conflict to what has been written in this thread.

As I am getting differing responses to similar questions by the same technical person at DG, I'm not really trusting what he tells me but as written all over on this forum, this isn't rocket science. Is the consensus not to use another topping agent over the Ceramic Coating but if I want a richer black (soft black Porsche paint), will using DG AW after a week hurt the DG CC?

Also, a final question. I applied the Swirl Remover using the technique of polishing back and forth and up and down slowly with 6 passes. Does this need to be done with the Squeaky Clean as well or can I just make one pass, let it haze and then wipe off?

Post Thanks / Like

Well not sure how much weight my comments carrys but I'd top DGNCC with DG #111 because it's a pure sealant, no cleaners. Using AW is always a winner too 💡

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast