autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb SON1C Synopsis 69 - Foam Gun ( Not Cannon ) loaded with Chemical Guys HoneyDew Snow Foam Video Review

SON1C Synopsis 69 is a video & text review, the capabilities of this foam gun is shown Autogeek Quart Foamaster Foam Gun FREE BONUS also referred to some by as the gilmour foam gun. This is not the foam gun that has a black top that is relabeled by some companies, such as griots & chemical guys (this model is much better than the black top, I have used both numerous times.)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQuAadi-pk]Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Wash Gun Chemical Guys Honey Dew SnowFoam Wash - YouTube[/video]

Overall if you refuse to buy a foam cannon / pressure washer (which I highly recommend) then a foam gun is your next option.

A foam gun attaches to a standard hose.

A foam cannon attaches to a pressure washer.

A foam gun in my opinion is more of a suds gun, imagine "lathering" your entire vehicle -- this creates more lubricity, a "wow" factor to anyone viewing / potential clients, can arguably provide some cleaning/cleansing power, and is certainly fun.

A foam cannon produces rich foam at high velocity that clings and cleans your paintwork. After a proper foam cannon wash your vehicle will be arguably 85-95% clean. This includes pressure washing the foam off which does benefit the cleaning greatly.

Here is an example of foam cannon usage / ProtoFoam
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxGEidNiGE]SON1C Wax ProtoFoam 1 : Home Made Snow Foam Car Wash - Foaming Ford Edge - YouTube[/video]

Here is an example of the same soap -- Chemical Guys Honey Dew in a foam cannon (gas pressure washer)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEyQ0QoFTYk]Snow Foam - HoneyDew Foaming Car Wash Chemical Guys - YouTube[/video]

So in my opinion if you are set on purchasing a foam gun, then this is your best bet. However I would recommend purchasing a foam cannon and relatively inexpensive pressure washer (electric) to accompany this foam cannon. This setup can be had for less than 200 USD.

I hope you enjoyed this review, thanks for viewing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 69 - Foam Gun ( Not Cannon ) loaded with Chemical Guys HoneyDew Snow Foam Video Review

Awesome work bud! Do I see PROTOFOAM? When is it going to hit the market?..... it is 2014 dang it!

Seeing you using proper ergonomics in your protofoam vid put a simple on this physical therapist's face. ALSO, one thing that is lost on foam newb is that you should foam the bottom to top (as you demonstrate). Very nicely done!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 69 - Foam Gun ( Not Cannon ) loaded with Chemical Guys HoneyDew Snow Foam Video Review

Nice Drew! When using protofoam 1 in the video, I'm assuming the MTM was set to highest flow and widest stream settings?

I find myself needing to refill the reservoir when working on very large vehicles using my current snow foam arsenal. So, if Protofoam was able to be used on a lower setting (with similar results to other foams at highest setting) enabling me to cover a large SUV in one filling, that would be awesome. Looks like a blueberry fragrance is in order.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see another Son1c synopsis! Thanks for making this up for us, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Post Thanks / Like

I added the Gilmour Foam Gun to my cart. I want to see the difference. Great Video!

Post Thanks / Like

Great video(s), I liked the performance of foam gun. Your topic shows well the difference between the foam 'generated' by both.

I like the 'cannon' style for demonstrations, but in general I use cannon at low to work as your gun... that kind of 'watery suds' is my preferred kind.

Thanks for making me regret not getting this gun on my last order!

And keep posting those nice videos.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Drew
    Are most cannons compatible with a cheap electric PW, from say Harbor Freight? I'm afraid to order one and have it not fit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodylax View Post
    Nice review Drew

Are most cannons compatible with a cheap electric PW, from say Harbor Freight? I'm afraid to order one and have it not fit

The MTM comes with both a male quick connect and a male threaded fitting. I'm not sure what type of connection HF uses.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    Awesome work bud! Do I see PROTOFOAM? When is it going to hit the market?..... it is 2014 dang it!

Seeing you using proper ergonomics in your protofoam vid put a simple on this physical therapist's face. ALSO, one thing that is lost on foam newb is that you should foam the bottom to top (as you demonstrate). Very nicely done!
    yes, yes you do
    Hopefully sometime this summer! It's been put on hold -- focusing on waxes as they are of course, the focal point!
    haha are you referring to my posture or?
    thanks claude, glad I have flawless finish stamp of approval!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Nice Drew! When using protofoam 1 in the video, I'm assuming the MTM was set to highest flow and widest stream settings?

I find myself needing to refill the reservoir when working on very large vehicles using my current snow foam arsenal. So, if Protofoam was able to be used on a lower setting (with similar results to other foams at highest setting) enabling me to cover a large SUV in one filling, that would be awesome. Looks like a blueberry fragrance is in order.
    No it was not, my pressure washer doesn't have the power to back up that setting, its usually somewhere around the middle + -
    Bob, get out of my mind! haha
    I am aiming to have it ensure it can cover entire large vehicles but testing & time will tell, which I'd be glad to have you as one of my testers for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post
    Good to see another Son1c synopsis! Thanks for making this up for us, and I'm looking forward to the next one!
    Thank you sir! I appreciate the support and input, feedback like this make these worth it
    I'm hoping to be able to sit down and put together 70 on AF avalanche this week

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    I added the Gilmour Foam Gun to my cart. I want to see the difference. Great Video!
    awesome! take some video
    thank you art
    Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Great video(s), I liked the performance of foam gun. Your topic shows well the difference between the foam 'generated' by both.

I like the 'cannon' style for demonstrations, but in general I use cannon at low to work as your gun... that kind of 'watery suds' is my preferred kind.

Thanks for making me regret not getting this gun on my last order!

And keep posting those nice videos.

Kind Regards.
    thanks for the feedback and i'm glad you enjoyed the writeup/videos
    With everything its about finding what works best for you and what you like the best, fortunately foam guns are the inexpensive one of the two!
    You may find though even at lower settings in a foam cannon the soap still clings better than it would with a foam gun in my experience, if you ever use one or decide to order one would love to hear your thoughts on comparison
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodylax View Post
    Nice review Drew
    Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    The MTM comes with both a male quick connect and a male threaded fitting. I'm not sure what type of connection HF uses.
    Thank you

Adam, bob has great input ^

I'm no expert here, maybe post a thread to find someone using the HF model you are looking at, I ordered my greenworks 1800 psi 1.4 gpm? electric off of amazon, it's a 200 dollar model @ lowes for ~130? shipped

The way mine is setup is with a simple quick disconect it just snaps in the foam cannon or snaps in the PW fitting for desired spray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast