autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator

Hey all!

I am a huge fan of Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner and Restorer, in fact, it's the one product I can 100% say works up to its claims. It is that good. Recently Nick@AG sent me Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator to test out to see if it can live up to my Blackfire standards. What makes the new Wolfgang different is it was designed for HE washers, which I happen to have. Blackfire has never given me issues when I used the proper amounts but it was nice to see something specifically for HE washing machines.

The test was some towels I used to detail an engine today

Befores:

Afters:

Thoughts:
    I used less oz per load then I did the Blackfire, with this load in particular I would've used anywhere between 1-1.5oz of Blackfire. Especially since these are engine towels I'm not looking for spot free, just clean! With BF I use very liberal amounts typically 2oz for big loads, but with this wash with Wolfgang, I used just under 1oz when measured in the bottle it comes in for a big load(around 20 total). So it appears depending on load size of course, a little goes a long way.

Has a pleasant smell that rinsed out nicely, no soapy residue left over. I had this happen once with Blackfire but it was indeed my error.

As you can see, it cleans pretty well and gives the towels some life back. The towels came back soft and plush for their gsm. A majority of the hard grease stains were removed, and that's a plus! I imagine on paint only towels they'll come back spotless.

As for cost, unknown. This isn't released yet. If it is anywhere in the Blackfire price range per gallon, then it's worth it!

In comparison to Blackfire detergent, my favorite, I'd have to say it's indeed on par, with a plus being it's designed for modern HE washers. The fact I could use only 1oz and get the towels that clean is pretty good. If I didn't have a gallon of Blackfire to go through, I'd choose the Wolfgang hands down. After 1 load I can see it's better than Pinnacle, DP and Chemical Guys, other cleaners I've used, and it's just as good as Blackfire which I consider best!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator

Thanks for the review Chris. Looks like the new Wolfgang offering is going to be a sure hit.

I can't believe you got dirty engine towels that clean with only 1oz. I can't imagine how much Pinnacle cleaner would take to get them to that point.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, Chris.

How is it designed for HE washers?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    Nice review, Chris.

How is it designed for HE washers?
    From what I was told it's got the proper concentration for HE machines. Much like OTC Tide HE, you'd use a little less than you would on a non HE machine. From my eye, the consistency of fluid compared to Blackfire which is non HE, is different a little bit. I was told more, but I'm mobile and can't find it at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Thanks for the review Chris. Looks like the new Wolfgang offering is going to be a sure hit.

I can't believe you got dirty engine towels that clean with only 1oz. I can't imagine how much Pinnacle cleaner would take to get them to that point.
    Thanks! Yeah Pinnacle really wasn't one of my favorites. This beats it hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I have also found Blackfire to be the best,when i use up what i have i'll try the Wolfgang.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Chris I am blown away with how clean those came! I just bought the BF cleaner but I will certainly have to give this a go when I run out.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steve swafford View Post
    Thanks for the review. I have also found Blackfire to be the best,when i use up what i have i'll try the Wolfgang.
    Thanks
    I don't think you can go wrong with either, but if you're open to trying new things then give Wolfgang a shot for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post
    Wow Chris I am blown away with how clean those came! I just bought the BF cleaner but I will certainly have to give this a go when I run out.
    I agree Evan and thank you. As you can see there's light staining on the heavier soiled ones, but it's a dramatic difference, and they are indeed super clean. No debris, etc. You certainly will enjoy BF, it's phenomenal, you really don't lose with either. But if you have HE machines maybe Wolfgang is worth a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    From what I was told it's got the proper concentration for HE machines. Much like OTC Tide HE, you'd use a little less than you would on a non HE machine. From my eye, the consistency of fluid compared to Blackfire which is non HE, is different a little bit. I was told more, but I'm mobile and can't find it at the moment.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Looks to work very good.

Wondering though, if there would be possibly any further cleaning benefit if perhaps say the 1oz mixture was put into a smaller amount of water in a bucket, left to pre-treat such for a short period, then the entire bucket with towels then tipped into the washing machine at the proper finish mix ratio?

Get what I mean? Just a brain fart I had?
    Mark

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast