autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meet an uncrowned tire dressing... I present you the Sonüs Tire & Bumper Dressing Gel

Tire and bumper dressing is always a big topic on detailing communities and it comes to me as surprise for such little advertisement or mouth to mouth recommendations this dressing I'll present you has....
    Don't let the absence of review fool you.... The Sonüs Tire & Bumper Dressing Gel is really an uncrowned king.
    I've been using it for awhile and shared it with some friends that are overwhelmed by it.

Pros:
    - A little goes a long way (apply this very thin)
    - No need to buff off if well applied (on tires or other porous plastic or trim)
    - Right on the first coat gives you a natural black look, not too matte, not too shiny.
    - If additional shine and protection is desired, just apply additional 2 or 3 coats, but a single coat already gives a impressive looks
    - No missed spots, it just gets to all these tiny places on the tire, creates a very homogeneous layer.
    - Will last quite a bit
    - Won't sling
    - Dry to touch, it actually gives a very fine touch feeling, a sealed surface feeling
    - Won't give up on the first, neither second, neither fourth and so on rains.... Just make sure to correctly clean and prepare the tire/bumper to receive this dressing
    - Makes the tires a lot easier to clean

Cons:
    - None I can think of right now.....

Pictures
    - Tires were cleaned using the Four Start Ultimate Tire Cleaner Gel
    - Visual it gives with only one coat (dry to touch)

Now a long run test.... this other one is my car.... these pictures were taken after 10 days / 1000 km / 5 days of rain on São Paulo (Brazil)

Dirty tire...

... doesn't looks that bad at all!

Very quickly rubbing a dry MF towel, no cleaning product was used...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyu_pCwL4Fo]Sonüs Trim & Tire Bumper Gel cleaning test - YouTube[/video]

After this quick cleaning.....

... looks great.

To sum up!
    - Looks great!
    - Durable
    - If you don't have it, you're missing a great product...

High End Polishing (facebook) (blog)

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you already have a good base coat laid down? The look and application reminds me of DP tire gel, a product I REALLY like, a lot!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meet an uncrowned tire dressing... I present you the Sonüs Tire & Bumper Dressing Gel

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Did you already have a good base coat laid down? The look and application reminds me of DP tire gel, a product I REALLY like, a lot!

No sir.... tire was cleaned using the Four Star Ultimate Tire Cleaner Gel and that was it.... one coat, dry to touch, really great visual...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meet an uncrowned tire dressing... I present you the Sonüs Tire & Bumper Dressing Gel

Thanks for the review. Is this a water based or solvent based dressing? Have you used it on plastic and rubber trim?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good for sure!

I ask because even when my tires get dirty and its been a while till I can clean them, I.e. winter time, when I do my rinseless wash the tire still has a very matte, natrual black shine, so its why I asked about a base coat. Seems that when you do layers over time it lasts through washes and/or rain better.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Thanks for the review. Is this a water based or solvent based dressing? Have you used it on plastic and rubber trim?
    I believe that all Four Star products are water-based.

Four Star Ultimate Car Care Products

See second and third paragraphs...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, i need to try this myself.
    Looks very promising

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Now you got me, I'll ask this one to the manufacturer and let you know once he replies me.

But yes, I actually used on plastic and rubber trims and I liked it a lot, I just can't say for sure on long term as I have only applied it yesterday on a costumer car, but today rained and his car got wet... as far as I could see there wasn't any product running on the paint

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Looks good for sure!

I ask because even when my tires get dirty and its been a while till I can clean them, I.e. winter time, when I do my rinseless wash the tire still has a very matte, natrual black shine, so its why I asked about a base coat. Seems that when you do layers over time it lasts through washes and/or rain better.

Got it now. You should expect similar behave with the Sonüs, although it could lose some gloss it will still retain a great black matte natural visual after a couple of weeks and much rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    How $much$ and where can we get it ago?
    Like my page on facebook ill like back - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian...668?fref=photo

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast