autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Initial Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel and Glass Coating

Initial Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel and Glass Coating

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass & Wheel Combo
    Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating
    Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating

Black Label Diamond Glass Coating

Black Label Diamond Glass Coating creates an extremely slick, impermeable barrier of protection on exterior glass surfaces that prevents dirt and moisture from sticking. Formulated using state-of-the-art nano-glass ceramic particles, treated glass surfaces will have increased chip and scratch resistance while exhibiting extreme hydrophobic properties. Spray and wipe application lasts up to 18 months!

Black Label Diamond Glass Coating makes frequent glass cleaning a thing of the past. The super slick, crystal clear barrier of protection created by Diamond Glass Coating causes water to bead up and roll off, taking dirt and grime with it. This extremely slick barrier of protection is so hard that it increases the chip and scratch resistance of your windshield.

Black Label Diamond Glass Coating was specially formulated to bond to glass and other silica-based surfaces. Unlike oily rain repellents that streak, smear, and haze, Diamond Glass Coating goes on clear and stays that way. Application is as simple as spraying on, evenly distributing with a foam applicator, and gently removing any excess product. Diamond Glass Coating goes on so thin that a single 4 ounce bottle will coat up to 50 windshields!

Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating

Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating blankets your wheels in a rock-hard barrier of protection that is impenetrable by ferrous brake-dust particles, road salt, tar or oil. Designed with brake-dust laden sports cars in mind, Diamond Wheel Coating and the layer of protection it creates makes laborious wheel cleaning a thing of the past. The super slick surface virtually eliminates brake-dust build up. Spray and wipe application lasts up to 18 months!

Let’s face it: wheel cleaning is a chore that nobody enjoys. It’s often messy and it takes considerably longer than it should. Pinnacle knows this, which is why they developed a specially designed wheel coating as part of their Black Label line of products – Diamond Wheel Coating.

Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating is a nano-glass ceramic coating that was designed specifically for application on wheels. Formulated to withstand the extreme temperatures that wheels are exposed to, Diamond Wheel Coating shields your wheels against the damaging effects of ferrous (iron containing) brake-dust particles. A single 4 ounce bottle is enough to coat up to 100 wheels.
    (Autogeek.net)

Process on Glass: After the car was washed the glass was prepped with DP Coating prep by hand on my 2013 Acura TL and on my older Acura had to use Pinnacle Glass Work Water Spot Remover with orange pad and then DP coating prep. The glass coating was applied with the LC Coating applicator, after being primed with a couple of squirts. I did 2 coats (2 to 3 squirts on the bigger glass) for uniformity on all the glass including sunroof and high spots wiped with a MF towel couple of minutes later.
    Process on Rims: After washing the wheels the rims were prepped with DP Coating prep. I applied to the rims with a round foam applicator. Primed the pad and 3 to 4 squirts per rim, I felt like it flashed faster on the rims that’s why I used 4 squirts; wiped off excess with MF towel.

Final Thoughts: Super easy to apply and saves time when cleaning glass and wheels. Both the products have been on my cars for a little over 2 weeks, my rims and glass are much easier to clean and stay cleaner longer; I am a big fan of waterless and rinsless wash and the rim coating make cleaning them a breeze. An observation on my 2001 Acura the wipers need to be replaced and even after 2 weeks I feel zero drag from the wipers.

Some pics and I will keep the thread updated and see how they perform in the rain when driving.

Untitled by dnd29841, on Flickr

Glass on the 2001 Acura TL was totally trashed.

After
    it was raining the following evening

2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Initial Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel and Glass Coating

nice review

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    nice review
    Thanks Drew! And Congrats on 3000 post!!!!
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, thanks for posting!
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Dhaval. Car looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks super clean, slick!!

Post Thanks / Like

2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    Thanks for the videos. I am looking forward to the next rain since I did mine last weekend. Looks like it does exactly what I hoped it would do. I am also hoping that the brake dust rinses off of the wheels since I put two (2) coats of the wheel coating on those.

Post Thanks / Like

CRAZY PEEPS videotaping and driving!?!?! Two hands on the wheel Dhaval! LOL! ......OR ..... 2 hands on the camera and a knee on the wheel, so that the video does not give you motion sickness.

All joking aside, thanks a bunch for the review and the video. Those are the things that gets me fired up to try new products.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    Great review, thanks for posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Great review Dhaval. Car looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Success View Post
    Looks super clean, slick!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Centexhokie View Post
    Thanks for the videos. I am looking forward to the next rain since I did mine last weekend. Looks like it does exactly what I hoped it would do. I am also hoping that the brake dust rinses off of the wheels since I put two (2) coats of the wheel coating on those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    CRAZY PEEPS videotaping and driving!?!?! Two hands on the wheel Dhaval! LOL! ......OR ..... 2 hands on the camera and a knee on the wheel, so that the video does not give you motion sickness.

Yea those crazy kids Claude.....

All joking aside, thanks a bunch for the review and the video. Those are the things that gets me fired up to try new products.

Thanks!
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast