autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Ardex products? Good or bad?

Hi fellas,
    I will like to know what you all know and or experience with Ardex products.
    In my area in Orlando so far this is the line of products I found closer and the prices are not bad at all.

Can this line is good enough to use in professional detailing?
    Pros and cons if there are any.

Thank you for your answers and God bless you and your business.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ardex products? Good or bad?

I don't have experience with Ardex products but I often see or hear of other professional detailers upgrading to something better.

It really depends on what type of "professional" detailing you plan on doing in which or whose products you buy. If they're cheap and you want lots of fillers, you can't go wrong in trying them. Just don't buy a truckload until you've determined whether they're useful or not.

If you're looking to do more paint corrections rather than "slam them out" 2 hour details, Ardex probably isn't going to be for you.

I see a lot of Ardex products at auction detail shops, if that says anything...?

Post Thanks / Like
    My dads friend have me some Ardex rim cleaner, got a lot of baked on brake dust off that I couldn't get off with meguiars hot rims. The downside with the Ardex is it seems very acidic, the smell would burn my nose and eyes and had to put on a painters mask and eye googles. I didn't wear any gloves while using it because before then I never felt the need to (I now wear glove) and it caused my fingers to get chemically burned and start to peel. Also caused parts of my driveway where it touched to lighten. Honestly, it was an ok product but personally I would not use it again. I don't have any experience with their other products.
    2009 BMW 328xi Coupe- Jet Black

Post Thanks / Like
    They are geared toward production work. I use a couple of their products. Primarily their 'proper' wheel cleaner and 'it's OK' degreaser. I do like those products because they are phosphate and butyl free, which is something many other bulk brands do not offer (especially the butyl) . I shy away from their polishes and wax/sealant products, there is better stuff available from AG and other online sources that won't cost substantially more on a unit basis.

The ardex products that I do have are not used exclusively; I have other wheel cleaners and degreasers to pick and choose from depending on the circumstances.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the replies, Yes I only trying them out at this point cuase like I said is close to my location.
    The smell and the burn in my hand I found it to be real, The proper is OK like Audios S6 stated.
    I will have this in consideration based in your feedbacks, thank you all and God bless you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I don't have experience with Ardex products but I often see or hear of other professional detailers upgrading to something better.

It really depends on what type of "professional" detailing you plan on doing in which or whose products you buy. If they're cheap and you want lots of fillers, you can't go wrong in trying them. Just don't buy a truckload until you've determined whether they're useful or not.

If you're looking to do more paint corrections rather than "slam them out" 2 hour details, Ardex probably isn't going to be for you.

I see a lot of Ardex products at auction detail shops, if that says anything...?
    Well I'm starting my business but I want to do not production but quality and in detail jobs. Make marketing first and let people know my job then maybe in the future more production but keep a high standard quality detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Ardex products are good for production use I have used them for years for used car lots. I am just starting to do my own outside customers on the weekends and have started buying better products. Pinnacle, ccs pads and trying to figure out what menz products I need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdetails1 View Post
    Ardex products are good for production use I have used them for years for used car lots. I am just starting to do my own outside customers on the weekends and have started buying better products. Pinnacle, ccs pads and trying to figure out what menz products I need.
    Thanks for the advice, I actually meet with distributor on a used car dealerships so make sense what you said about production detailing. Great advice!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Ardex products? Good or bad?

I can speak from experience with most Ardex products. I do production only, which is all about speed and efficiency.You have to pick and choose. I learned by trial-and-error. I will tell you that I'm NOT thrilled with their cleaner wax. It is difficult to apply and difficult to remove. I have to say that I've been happiest with Meguiar's cleaner wax and started to order it in bulk. Now, on the other hand, Ardex sells something called "Miami-shine." While this product does not last long on the paint, it is perfect for the summer climate where I live. If you are mobile detailer, it's often a mission to detail out of the sun. If you've detailed in South Florida sun before, you'll know how quickly the wax dries in the heart. Miami Shine is easy-on, easy-off. It is PERFECT for a mobile detailer in the sun. Now, again, it's not for every job. If you have shade, and you want to apply a good coat of wax, use a meguiar's cleaner or carnauba.

Another Ardex product I've had great success with- Hydro Gloss. It's their lubricant for use with Clay bar. Dilute it 50/50 and spray while you clay. It does wonders for the shine.

Both tire/trim shine and acid wheel cleaner from Ardex are great as well, and cost effective.

I DO NOT recommend their glass cleaner. While it smells nice and minty fresh, it seems to leave streaks no matter at ratio I dilute it.

Would love to hear any other feedback on Ardex, as well as any other recommendations for detail depots in the South Florida area. It would be nice to find a one stop shop (that is affordable). It's no fun running all around to buy products from different places.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use Ardex many years ago, I didn't really do any paint correction then. However the rest of their line of products is pretty standard for production type of detailing. These are the type of products that you will find at your average detail shop. I think for prep work they would be fine. I can't speak for the paint correction or protection products they have though. Good luck.

11. Thanks FUNX650 thanked for this post