autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New weekly wash routine?

Hi all,

Well, since acquiring my 2013 Aqua Blue Boxster S in march, I've only missed a weekly wash twice.

I am starting to burn out on the exterior routine, which consists of your standard 2 buckets, gold class wash, endurance tire gel...and a lot of time on the creeper seat with some wheel woolies and a tire brush.

Since I live in AZ, I mostly deal with atmospheric dust on the body and a good amount of brake dust on the wheels.

I am looking to simplify on a weekly basis. My goal is to "really" wash maybe once a month, maybe every 6 weeks (or longer?) and use great tools and formulas to keep the car looking great in between. What I mean by that is:

-chemical guys honeydew in a MTM Foam Cannon
    -Sonax Full Effect

With the above...is it realistic to assume that I could apply the Sonax, let it sit while I set up the pressure washer....rinse my car with the pressure washer, then coat the entire car in shaving cream thick foam...let it run off, maybe blast it again with foam...then rinse with the pressure washer...and dry with a velocity dryer?

So, said and done, no touching of the car.

Every 4-6 weeks I would do the same but use the two bucket method as well, get out the wheel woolies, etc. and then probably every 8-12 weeks I would wax (Meguiar's ultimate).

Will this routine keep my car looking nice, or am I going to need to bust out the buckets every week still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Post Thanks / Like
    your suggested method sounds good it will take most if not all of the dirt off but it depends on how much dirt was collected before you washed it

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New weekly wash routine?

If your only dealing with atmospheric dust then I would consider doing a rinseless or waterless wash. Both can be used on wheels as well. Coat the wheels with a sealant or coating to make cleaning easier. These should cut down on your wash time

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the waterless/rinseless wash. I am in SoCal and I also just deal with atmospheric dust. I find myself doing a waterless more often on my Bee rather than a full blown wash. I'll maybe wash it once every month or two. Other than that, it is a waterless wash which takes no time at all. Just spray the product very generously and you won't have problems with scratching your paint. I was also very scared at first, not anymore.

The product I am using right now is Meguiar's D155 Last Touch Detailer straight. But I am planning on trying Pinnacle Waterless Wash w/ Carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a daily driver? Rinseless washes are awesome for cars that don't get much more than dust on them from driving. But if I've driven through the rain I usually just do a 2 bucket traditional wash just to be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

If you keep your wheels and paint sealed with 2 coats of sealant, you should be able to just power wash it once a week and wash every 3-4 weeks.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary dean rinse less wash method should be all you need to do and it's fast.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I love to use the super foam from the foam gun that's why I do it every 8-10 day but don't really need to as I maintain with CG's Eco-Smart. It is quick and easy. If I am foaming and don't use the two bucket method then I will blow dry the car with a leaf blower and use a lot of QD to get any streaks left over(from Nevadas hard as cement water). Sometimes I use the rinse less method but in the end that ECO SMART is awesome. U can use any product of that sort that you like. Eco is just my GTP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dombey View Post
    ...is it realistic to assume that I could apply the Sonax, let it sit while I set up the pressure washer....rinse my car with the pressure washer, then coat the entire car in shaving cream thick foam...let it run off, maybe blast it again with foam...then rinse with the pressure washer...and dry with a velocity dryer?

So, said and done, no touching of the car.

Every 4-6 weeks I would do the same but use the two bucket method as well, get out the wheel woolies, etc. and then probably every 8-12 weeks I would wax (Meguiar's ultimate).

Will this routine keep my car looking nice, or am I going to need to bust out the buckets every week still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Why don't you put this plan into action, then come back and post your findings here~ should make a wonderful thread

Don't forget to mention your lsp.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz or opti coat it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast