autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating

Since Chemical Guys has released Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating I have wanting to try it. Today was the perfect day to try it since we were suppose to have nice weather. I decided I would try it on a car that was dark so i could see the results and see how easy it was to apply. This is the first coating i have used that could be applied to multiple surfaces. Before applying Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating the surface needs to be prepped so the coating can bond to the surface properly. To prep the surface i used Detailer’s coating prep polish this product will remove any road film that is on the surface to allow the coating to bond properly. After i went over the whole vehicle with Detailer’s coating prep polish it was time to use Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating. When applying the coating you want to use a foam applicator so i went with the Gold Wax Finger Pocket since it would make application easy.

I found that application was simple. To apply it all you have to do is gently rub it into the surface. Once you have applied the coating wait 20 minutes and come back with a microfiber to knock down any high spots. This coating was really easy to apply and took little effort. I was impressed with the results i got it added a nice shine depth to the paint. At first i was worried that i was going to have marks in the paint because it was a darker color but paint had a perfect reflection. After i was impressed with the reflections and depth the paint gave me i decided to test how it would sheet water. Once i was done watching the mustang sheet water i can say I am impressed with Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating and would recommend it to anyone that wants to protect their car with little effort.

Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating

Bryan@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x248

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating

So I love DP Paint Coating, how would you compare the application process? Longeveity obviously with both products to early to tell, but which was easier to apply?

2oz for 100$ is the draw back, especiallyh when you can get DP Paint Coating when not on sale for $40.....right now $30 for the DP is just too good to pass up if you alreayd dont have it
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the high spots easy to knock down like a sealant? Or does it take some pressure?

Post Thanks / Like

Please update frequently. The real question here is durability. No one will pay that much for a coating when there are plenty of other products that have been proven to work for a fraction of the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    So I love DP Paint Coating, how would you compare the application process? Longeveity obviously with both products to early to tell, but which was easier to apply?
    Since the coating sprayed on I really did not consider the application to be challenging and it was just as easy to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Are the high spots easy to knock down like a sealant? Or does it take some pressure?
    I found that high spots were easy to level out by just taking a microfiber towel and applying little pressure to knock them down.

Quote Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
    Please update frequently. The real question here is durability. No one will pay that much for a coating when there are plenty of other products that have been proven to work for a fraction of the price.
    I will keep you guys updated on the durability.

Bryan@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x248

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any update on the durability test? I'm really curious if this is worth the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to try it, but for the price, I dont think anything comes close to Sonax Net Shield. Under $30 and from my experiences with it repels anything you through at it, not just water. Plus you get just so much more product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MomNPop View Post
    Any update on the durability test? I'm really curious if this is worth the bank.
    This has to AT LEAST hit the 6 month mark period before we can really see anything. If it failed after barely three months then it would be the biggest joke ever and cg what lose all credibility

Detailing- my stress reliever

Post Thanks / Like

fourth month update...would be nice to see some beading shots, sheeting video, cleaning capability with just a pw, and overall impressions.

Detailing- my stress reliever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
    fourth month update...would be nice to see some beading shots, sheeting video, cleaning capability with just a pw, and overall impressions.
    +1
    Tommy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast