autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow SON1C Synopsis 50 : Detailer's DP - Paint Coating Review + Durability Testing

Detailer's Paint Coating is a nano-based coating (glass coating for paint) It has very easy application, after properly prepping the surface you simply spray on, work the product in with an applicator, and proceed to buff with a microfiber towel. Courtesy of Autogeek we had this product as well as many others to try out at our third Northern Virginia Autogeek Meet / Event -- Detailpalooza. Now onto the process used and review. .

Before

Swirled

Power Washed

Foamed with Wolfgang Auto Bathe and Two Bucket Hand Washed with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo

Decontaminated with Mother's Clay and Ultima Clay Block's
    Vehicle was treated with Iron-x as well.

After a test spot HD Speed was chosen as our polish

A cool picture sent to me from one of the attendees at the event -- claying and then performing the test spot on the vehicle ( Jeep Liberty )

Jake instructing Keith as he goes from inexperienced with machine polishing to producing incredible results in one day of hands on training!

Brandon had zero experience machine polishing prior to this event, after this event I would let him buff out my own vehicle! These guys responded excellent to instruction and coaching and it was a pleasure to work with them!

After completing the polishing on the vehicle, we followed it up with DP's Coating Prep Polish

We applied it via Lake Country Hydro Tech Crimson 5.5" Foam Pads

We also polished the glass which had seen a Pressure Wash, Foam , Wash, Clay, but no polishing. We followed up the glass polished with a coating of DP Glass Coating which will be in the following Review / Synopsis
    Now onto the main event!

Product was misted onto the surface and then worked in via applicator, then followed with a microfiber towel buffing to remove any excess products / high spots --- very easy, very fast, very simple

Now. . . The after shots and a couple videos!

Beading
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwX1Eupx8TU]Detailer's DP Paint Coating Beading and Review - YouTube[/video]
    Sheeting
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7QYhBI4PGs]Detailer's DP Paint Coating Sheeting and Review - YouTube[/video]

Final thoughts . . This is a nano coating that's user friendly! They kept this very simple and straight forward, I love that why over complicate something. It leaves the surface very slick, the beading is high quality, the sheeting is high quality. The application on this product was very easy especially in comparison to some other paint coatings. It's priced similar to other paint coatings, it boasts durability of up to 2 years and I will update this thread often on how it is performing as time goes on (up to and ideally past that two year mark!)

Thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 50 : Detailer's DP - Paint Coating Review + Durability Testing

How'd that applicators work, looks meaty, did it spread nice? I've used the carpro suede and foam block, worked well.

I've had the coating on my headlights 1 month now, just as strong as day 1 so far.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 50 : Detailer's DP - Paint Coating Review + Durability Testing

Why did you use an AIO in this process? Why not HD Polish, or any other finishing polish?
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Why did you use an AIO in this process? Why not HD Polish, or any other finishing polish?
    As soon as I came to that photo of Speed I was ready to fire off the same question. I would think the DP Prep polish killed the protection anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for sharing again SONIC .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    How'd that applicators work, looks meaty, did it spread nice? I've used the carpro suede and foam block, worked well.

I've had the coating on my headlights 1 month now, just as strong as day 1 so far.
    Worked great! it's thick but condenses easily (but not too easily) it's actually one of the applicators I've been testing to offer with my wax in development
    Did you post a thread on this? would love a link! Glad to hear your good results
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    We were discussing products, and one of the members there said hd speed is awesome, so we grabbed it, performed a test spot and it yielded great correction and finishing so we went with it, I've been intrigued with the HD line lately, HD cut performed awesome and will give my v32 a run for its money
    So in my book so far they've both been two awesome products
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfather View Post
    As soon as I came to that photo of Speed I was ready to fire off the same question. I would think the DP Prep polish killed the protection anyway.
    It did, we were not looking nor did we want the lsp portion of hd speed to remain, we used it for its correctional capabilities
    Quote Originally Posted by sproketser View Post
    Thanx for sharing again SONIC .
    Thanks for viewing PY!

Post Thanks / Like

No problem my friend , always like looking at these threads buddy !

Keep them coming mate .

Post Thanks / Like

Son1c, please do update often as I'm very interested in this product.

Gut feeling, do you think this product has the potential to be temperature or humidity sensitive on application?

I have a full sized pick-up with topper, how many applications would you guess a bottle will last?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It glows! Didn't get a chance to apply the coating myself but was watching some of the guys applying. Looks to be very user friendly. I will see if I could get my hands on some to try on my own vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sproketser View Post
    No problem my friend , always like looking at these threads buddy !

Keep them coming mate .
    Yes sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by fordf150xlt View Post
    Son1c, please do update often as I'm very interested in this product.

Gut feeling, do you think this product has the potential to be temperature or humidity sensitive on application?

I have a full sized pick-up with topper, how many applications would you guess a bottle will last?

thanks
    Will do! It's holding up great so far!
    Gut feeling would be no, with my application I'd say it was so easy a caveman could do it -- it really was super easy and user friendly

I'd say 4-10 depending on how zealous you get with it

Quote Originally Posted by JSou View Post
    It glows! Didn't get a chance to apply the coating myself but was watching some of the guys applying. Looks to be very user friendly. I will see if I could get my hands on some to try on my own vehicle.
    ^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast