autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & How-To: Meguiar's D115 Rinsefree Express Wash and Wax

Great review on technique!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Egg on my face...was just reviewing this older thread and I commented early on about how I liked pinnacle waterless wash before I had the chance to try D115. I eventually did, and wow...that's all I can say about D115. It surpassed my expectations and then some.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is awesome!
    Been reading it 1 year+ ago and had been great help till these days especially on the towel method.
    Thank you Marc08EX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Egg on my face...was just reviewing this older thread and I commented early on about how I liked pinnacle waterless wash before I had the chance to try D115. I eventually did, and wow...that's all I can say about D115. It surpassed my expectations and then some.
    !!! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Old thread revival i know.. But anyway, been using D115 since 2015 and for practicality its still my go-to. Yeah you can get out the powerwasher, foam gun and all the buckets you like, but after 4yrs of using it on a weekly basis and never getting any swirls on my black cars, its hard to justify all the extra work, than just getting out the D115 and some MF's. However the last two gallons i got from AutoGeek, the concentrate is now purple rather than the nice sky blue as pictured by the OP. It must be the black dye from the plastic gallon container cos funny enough i had some from a 2015 mix made up in a bird bomb kit, but being that it was in a clear bottle, it still had the nice sky blue color to it, rather than the stuff coming out of the OEM container.

Anyone else experienced this ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thedoc46 View Post
    Old thread revival i know.. But anyway, been using D115 since 2015 and for practicality its still my go-to. Yeah you can get out the powerwasher, foam gun and all the buckets you like, but after 4yrs of using it on a weekly basis and never getting any swirls on my black cars, its hard to justify all the extra work, than just getting out the D115 and some MF's. However the last two gallons i got from AutoGeek, the concentrate is now purple rather than the nice sky blue as pictured by the OP. It must be the black dye from the plastic gallon container cos funny enough i had some from a 2015 mix made up in a bird bomb kit, but being that it was in a clear bottle, it still had the nice sky blue color to it, rather than the stuff coming out of the OEM container.

Anyone else experienced this ?
    I don’t see how you’ve come to that conclusion based on what you described in your post.

If the old batch never turned purple... Why would the new batch being purple straight out of the fresh bottle mean the bottles must’ve leached color and turned the blue liquid purple?

I think it’s more likely they changed the color on purpose. I’ve never heard or seen any product turn dark due the the bottle it came in... Megs D180 Leather Cleaner doesn’t turn black.

Post Thanks / Like

I came to that conclusion based on using the same product out of the same container. It originally came out sky blue, and i dunno a yr or two later it was purple. I'm not a pro detailer, only a weekend warrior, so a gallon lasts me a while. Yet, the same D115 that came out the same container (now purple) however this was in a clear bottle was it still sky blue. So it HAS to be the original container leaching ink into the product. And the last couple of gallon's i rec'd were also purple, which means they were probably sitting on the shelf at Autogeek for a year or two. Otherwise please explain why the product was still sky blue on the bird bomb kits i made up that was from the original 2015 when it first came out gallon bottle.

Actually here's even the message i posted on Meguiars own forum. However Mike's explanation didn't make sense. ph balance can't of been off. The color started going off out the original container. Not what was in the bottles. Besides i only ever use distilled water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thedoc46 View Post
    I came to that conclusion based on using the same product out of the same container. It originally came out sky blue, and i dunno a yr or two later it was purple. I'm not a pro detailer, only a weekend warrior, so a gallon lasts me a while. Yet, the same D115 that came out the same container (now purple) however this was in a clear bottle was it still sky blue. So it HAS to be the original container leaching ink into the product. And the last couple of gallon's i rec'd were also purple, which means they were probably sitting on the shelf at Autogeek for a year or two. Otherwise please explain why the product was still sky blue on the bird bomb kits i made up that was from the original 2015 when it first came out gallon bottle.
    Ok I see now... In your OP you made it sound like the purple stuff was only coming out of the 2 new gallons.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345