autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & How-To: Meguiar's D115 Rinsefree Express Wash and Wax

Wow Marc!

What a awsome review and how to.
    Being a traditional wash person myself I guess it is time to think outside the bucket.

Looks like another must have Megs product.

Thanks for the effort and the time it took you to put this togetherM
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Great review = love the poll! At least those that had an opinion seemed to tell some apart as one would expect!
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the in depth review. I've become a big fan of waterless washing.

This means there's another waterless wash I "need" (haha) to try now. I'm currently testing CG Ecosmart RU, UWW+, Adam's, DP and Pinnacle to find my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, incredibly well done review Marc. You have clearly spent a lot of time putting this one together for AGO to read. I now have to kick my reviews up a notch because of this homerun of a review of yours.

I would like to know an honest opinion of this compared to UWW+. I am a big fan of Meguiar's UWWA but not its price point. But with this new gallon version I just may have to pick this up next. Thoughts?

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome. I always enjoy reading your reviews because they are so thorough. Im deffinitely going to give this a try seeing how my car is rarely dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!! I'm glad to hear that you guys enjoyed the review. This makes me want to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowWRX View Post
    how does this compare to new ONR with wax?
    I don't know. I haven't used ONRWW as a waterless wash. And I don't plan on using D115 as a rinseless wash.

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    Being a traditional wash person myself I guess it is time to think outside the bucket.
    Thanks for the compliments, Tim!!!

I totally understand it's hard to make the plunge. I know you're scared that you'll scratch the paint and do damage to your perfectly polished CC. Take all the time you need but trust me, you'll be amazed at how well WW works. Of course you need to have good towel management, good technique and ample amount of product. You can't just use one side of a towel to do the entire car. Or do random motions when cleaning the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Wow, incredibly well done review Marc. You have clearly spent a lot of time putting this one together for AGO to read. I now have to kick my reviews up a notch because of this homerun of a review of yours.

I would like to know an honest opinion of this compared to UWW+. I am a big fan of Meguiar's UWWA but not its price point. But with this new gallon version I just may have to pick this up next. Thoughts?
    Hahaha thanks a ton, Mike! But I'm sure your reviews are as good, if not better than mine!

Honestly, I think it's a toss up between Meguiar's UWWA, UWW+ and D115 @ 4:1. One can't go wrong with either of them. As expected, the slickness goes down as you increase the amount of water added to D115.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Your review got me interested in this and now after comparing D115, UWW+, Pinnacle, DP, CG Ecosmart RU and Adam's waterless. I owe you a thank you for turning me onto this since it's my favorite of them all.

UWW+ still has the edge on price but I like D115 better in terms of everything else from how slick it feels while using it making it feel extra safe like it's really lifting the dust and dirt off and isn't just colored water with a little bit of slickness. The crazy slick feel left behind is great and that added bit of gloss too and even the scent is my favorite of them all (blueberryish). Since I have so much waterless concentrate from so many brands and they're all fine to use I'll go through them all but once I'm out D115 is it for me. I may write up an in depth comparison on all six I tried in the future but again two thumbs up for your super in depth review which got me to order it.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that my review helped you out.

I totally agree with you too. UWW+ has the price edge but I will still pick this. I prefer the slickness this product gives.

What ratio are you using?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

I used it 4:1 since I was working on cool cars in the garage for testing.

Like you did I actually waterlessed my truck with all six different products so I could then feel the slickness left behind from panel to panel and see if there was any slight gloss difference which would be harder to feel and notice if I used one product one day and the other the next etc.

Ecosmart RU is pretty slick too but whats a slight negative compared to the others is that it's heavy on the wax (it settles to the bottom needed shaking that's how much there is) and requires extra buffing after the wetness is wiped. Not quite spray wax levels of buffing but enough to need just a bit more rubbing than all the others. I think all that extra wax might have a tiny protection edge but none of them are meant to be all that durable at protection after use so it's not something I actually factor in when looking for a waterless wash.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast