autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Up Close & Personal: Detailer's Paint Coating

Up Close & Personal: Detailer's Paint Coating

Finally......a paint coating that's easy to apply and doesn't require lengthy instructions to memorize; a coating that I can give to a non-AGO addict whom could successfully apply it to their vehicle simply by following the instructions on the bottle. If that sounds too good to be true, you obviously haven't heard of the newest paint coating that is surely going to turn the car care world upside down - Detailer's Paint Coating.

What is it?

Detailer’s Paint Coating is a nano-glass ceramic coating that provides paint protection measured in years, not months. Formulated using nano-glass ceramic particles and state-of-the-art cross-linking polymers, Detailer’s Paint Coating creates a hard-as-nails protective barrier and a glass-like, liquid shine. The self-cleaning effect created by the immense amount of surface tension keeps your paint looking its best in between regular washes. Detailer’s Paint Coating is exceptionally easy to apply – no lengthy instructions to memorize! A single coat lasts up to two years!

The Paint Coating Advantage

While a conventional car wax or paint sealant wears off after a couple months, Detailer’s Paint Coating forms a much stronger, harder bond that can withstand the elements to a much greater degree. Detailer’s Paint Coating is resistant to alkaline cleaners, degreasers and harsh detergents. Removing Detailer’s Paint Coating without physically abrading it is virtually impossible.

Setting a New Standard in Value

Detailer’s Paint Coating continues the tradition of value set forth by other car care products that bear the black and gold Detailer’s shield of quality. Detailer’s Paint Coating is only available in a 4 ounce container, making it an exceptional value in a crowded market where the typical paint coating is packaged in milliliters, or even CCs! A single 4 ounce bottle of Detailer’s Paint Coating is enough to protect 10-15 full size vehicles!

How To Apply Detailer's Paint Coating

Bryan and I stuck around Saturday after work and gave my 2010 Mazda 3 a complete Detailer's makeover. The product of choice to protect the paint was Detailer's Paint Coating. Here's how you properly apply it:

Step 1: Washing

Application of Detailer's Paint Coating is simple. First, you want to start by washing your vehicle. Bryan and I used Detailer's Xtreme Foam Formula with a mixture of Detailer's Road Kill Bug Remover in a Foamaster Foam Gun. Bryan will be posting a thorough review of all of the above this week.

Here's Bryan spraying my car down with foam.

Here I am giving my Mazda a bath. The Gold Plush Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt is an inexpensive, soft, quality wash mitt for cleaning your vehicle.

Step 2: Removing Above-Surface Contaminants

After we washed and dried my Mazda, I pulled it into the Show Car Garage to inspect the paint. There was no evidence of swirls or scratches, but the paint was awfully gritty to the touch. By placing my hand in a plastic sandwich baggy, I was able to get a true idea of how contaminated the paint was. The plastic sandwich baggy intensifies the feeling of your finger tips. Try it!

In an effort to save time, Bryan and I used the Nanoskin Autoscrub Towel to remove the above-surface bonded contaminants. The Nanoskin Autoscrub Towel is arguably one of the best inventions in car care. This step is crucial because it removes above-surface contaminants that would otherwise inhibit the bonding of the coating. Expect a review of the Nanoskin Autoscrub Towel from Bryan this week.

Step 3: Polishing

The polishing step is the most important step in applying Detailer's Paint Coating. Polishing removes below-surface contaminants that would otherwise prevent the coating from properly bonding. We've introduced a special polish that takes the guesswork out of chemically stripping the finish using IPA or other volatile cleaners - Detailer’s Coating Prep Polish

Detailer's Coating Prep Polish is a non-abrasive chemical polish that deep cleans automotive paint, ridding it of below-surface contaminants that will prevent a coating, paint sealant or wax from properly bonding. Formulated without any silicones, waxes, sealants, polymers or fillers, Detailer’s Coating Prep Polish leaves nothing on the surface, making it the ideal polish to use before applying any product that requires a 100% oil and wax free surface.

Detailer’s Coating Prep Polish is the only polish specially formulated for application of permanent and semi-permanent paint coatings. By creating a polish that doesn’t have any oils, waxes, silicones, polymers or fillers, you can apply a paint coating immediately after polishing your paint with Detailer’s Coating Prep Polish. There is no need to chemically strip the paint using isopropyl alcohol or volatile wax and oil removers.

Rupes LHR 15ES Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher

Bryan and I both used a Rupes LHR 15ES Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher equipped with a 5.5 Inch Lake Country HYDRO-TECH Tangerine Polishing Pad to apply Detailer's Coating Prep Polish. The Rupes LHR 15ES is incredibly smooth and easy to handle, making it a great choice to use with Detailer's Coating Prep Polish.

The Rupes LHR 15ES and the 5.5 inch Tangerine Pad proved to be the perfect combination to remove the below-surface contaminants on my Mazda. Smooth sailing!

Here's Bryan polishing the roof:

Griot's Garage Professional Random Orbital 3 Inch Polisher

I used a Griot's Garage 3 Inch Polisher for the body panels where the Rupes LHR 15ES would not fit. The small body of the tool combined with the 3" backing plate makes the Griot's Garage 3 Inch Polisher easy to handle.

Step 3: Applying Detailer's Paint Coating

Applying Detailer's Paint Coating is similar to applying your favorite WOWO (wipe on walk away) paint sealant. Mike Phillips discovered the Gold Wax Finger Pocket to be the perfect applicator; I agree with him. These applicators are super soft, easy to hold on to and very inexpensive.

Simply spray the coating directly onto the paint and evenly distribute using the Gold Wax Finger Pocket. I distributed the product using a side to side, then up and down pattern, working one panel at a time (hood was divided into two panels). Any high spots were quickly leveled with a Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towel.

You may be thinking..."is it really that simple?" The answer is YES!

First, we avoided using any type of IPA or volatile wax remover by polishing the paint with Detailer's Coating Prep Polish. Then, we went right to the coating which only took minutes to apply - no heavy rubbing, buffing or examining the paint with a microscope was required.

Let There Be Gloss!

Detailer's Paint Coating provides a highly reflective, glassy shine. It is the perfect complement for any color vehicle. If I decide in a couple months that I want to add a coat or two of my favorite carnauba wax, I can do so without any issue - Detailer's Paint Coating was formulated so it can be topped with your favorite wax or paint sealant.

If you've been hesitant about applying a paint coating in the past, Detailer's Coating Prep Polish and Paint Coating couldn't possibly make it any easier.

Detailer’s Paint Coating

Detailer's Coating Prep Polish 16 oz.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is exciting!! How many spritzes did u use on the hood?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I was at the Autogeek showroom this afternoon to try out some polishers. First, Nick showed me his car which has been daily driven since the coating was applied, through Florida rain storms, and the car still looked spotless clean except for bug jerky that is inevitable on Florida highways. The best way I can think of to describe how this coating looks, is like someone took a bucket of molten glass and poured it over the paint and let it dry. The pictures on this thread do not do the look of this car justice.

After polishing the hood of the yellow Ford roadster Mike had my apply the paint coating to the hood with a foam finger applicator. It went on super easy and worked its way right into the paint, no scrubbing and truly hardly any effort required at all. A couple of wipes with a clean microfiber to remove any slight traces of residue are all that's required after. Also I should note that the prep Polish is very easy to use by hand or machine.

In addition to my new Flex 3401 I also left Autogeek with the full compliment of DP coatings and prep polishes. This will be going on my personal cars and will be offered to my future clients as an up sell. If you are thinking about trying this stuff I think you should definitely go for it, especially while its on sale until the end of the day :-p

Sent from my Transformer using AG Online
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up Close & Personal: Detailer's Paint Coating

Nick, seems too easy to be true. Basically what I'm saying is that my order just shipped.
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Wow your Mazda looks incredible Nick! I can't believe how easy it seems to use this coating. Must rank right up there with Souveran, Fuzion, etc in terms of overall ease of use.

Can you use the prep polish in place of a polishing step such as SF4000, M205, etc? In other words does it have any polishing ability to remove towel marks, light hazing, or other minor issues?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Nick, seems too easy to be true. Basically what I'm saying is that my order just shipped.
    Lol I've debated, and debated and I didn't want it but figured hey, for $40 why not let them have my money.

The car looks amazing Nick!

Since we're all geeks two more questions, one, to remove the coating could one use m205? (Just curious) or cold we use the DP Paint Cleaner to do that? Also, lets say I top this with WGDGPS, in theory I should get the standard Wolfgang look for a good period of time?

This looks awesome Nick!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

oh boy here we are again....this feeling is so familiars...
    (putting my credit info into AG's shopping page)

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    This is exciting!! How many spritzes did u use on the hood?
    4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ekennett View Post
    Guys, I was at the Autogeek showroom this afternoon to try out some polishers. First, Nick showed me his car which has been daily driven since the coating was applied, through Florida rain storms, and the car still looked spotless clean except for bug jerky that is inevitable on Florida highways. The best way I can think of to describe how this coating looks, is like someone took a bucket of molten glass and poured it over the paint and let it dry. The pictures on this thread do not do the look of this car justice.

After polishing the hood of the yellow Ford roadster Mike had my apply the paint coating to the hood with a foam finger applicator. It went on super easy and worked its way right into the paint, no scrubbing and truly hardly any effort required at all. A couple of wipes with a clean microfiber to remove any slight traces of residue are all that's required after. Also I should note that the prep Polish is very easy to use by hand or machine.

In addition to my new Flex 3401 I also left Autogeek with the full compliment of DP coatings and prep polishes. This will be going on my personal cars and will be offered to my future clients as an up sell. If you are thinking about trying this stuff I think you should definitely go for it, especially while its on sale until the end of the day :-p

Sent from my Transformer using AG Online
    Thanks for stopping by Eric - let us know what you think of the coatings!

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Wow your Mazda looks incredible Nick! I can't believe how easy it seems to use this coating. Must rank right up there with Souveran, Fuzion, etc in terms of overall ease of use.

Can you use the prep polish in place of a polishing step such as SF4000, M205, etc? In other words does it have any polishing ability to remove towel marks, light hazing, or other minor issues?
    On soft paint systems it will remove very light imperfections; that's mainly due to the action of the tool and the mechanical cutting/polishing ability of the pad. This polish is not designed or intended to remove imperfections.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Lol I've debated, and debated and I didn't want it but figured hey, for $40 why not let them have my money.

The car looks amazing Nick!

Since we're all geeks two more questions, one, to remove the coating could one use m205? (Just curious) or cold we use the DP Paint Cleaner to do that? Also, lets say I top this with WGDGPS, in theory I should get the standard Wolfgang look for a good period of time?

This looks awesome Nick!
    M205 and a cutting pad will remove the coating. And yes, you will get the "look" of the product that you top it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_L View Post
    oh boy here we are again....this feeling is so familiars...
    (putting my credit info into AG's shopping page)
    Let us know what you think when you receive your order!

Post Thanks / Like

Nick,
    Didnt you coat your car with CQuartz a few months back? I thought I recalled a thread about it.

You dont need to remove that coating or dose the DP polish do that?

Post Thanks / Like

Alright you win, placed an order for the paint sealant.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast