autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner in Action!

Any plans on having it sold in 5L refil size?
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I received the rim 7 wheel cleaner that AG sent me as a giveaway. Haven't snapped any good pics yet. Waiting for the right wheels to do a good review. I can tell you though, it's not better than iron x...it's in a completely different league.

The thicker viscosity is a huge plus, and it's just plain more effective period. I need to do more testing before I just flat out say it in a full blown review, but I'm unofficially telling you guys that this is the best wheel cleaner I have ever come across.
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    Hey guys, I received the rim 7 wheel cleaner that AG sent me as a giveaway. Haven't snapped any good pics yet. Waiting for the right wheels to do a good review. I can tell you though, it's not better than iron x...it's in a completely different league.

The thicker viscosity is a huge plus, and it's just plain more effective period. I need to do more testing before I just flat out say it in a full blown review, but I'm unofficially telling you guys that this is the best wheel cleaner I have ever come across.
    Have you posted the review? I tried looking for it but so far have failed... I've seen a few posts where you reference doing a review, and also Rim 7 being your favorite wheel cleaner, but thus far no review.

I was thinking about trying some but would like to see a review or two first. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

When you use this product, is it recommended to tape off the wheel weights (if possible)?

The reason I ask is that there was a green (IIRC) coloration that became visible around my weights when I was cleaning my barrels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post

It is better, or it isn't. I think I know what your getting at, haha.

I'm curious to see a review and how it compares to Sonax FE. I always take wheel cleaner reviews with a grain of salt however. I only say that because most detailers agitate with an arsenal of brushes anyway, so unless the wheel is thrashed...you could use car shampoo and it's most likely going to come clean.

Here's the video from Scholls. They claim no aggitation required...I've heard that before, lol. The wheel still has build-up on it when they are finished.

Post Thanks / Like

In that video looks like he used half the bottle lol. At that price I'll keep my Sonax and 1Z.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't trust any review where the wheel weights are visible on the outside of the rim!

Obviously this guy doesn't care enough to spend the $10 per wheel to have them moved to the barrel.

I can't believe anything he/she says

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first sulfur based wheel cleaner and is one of the best. I would really wanna see it be available in a bigger size to make it more cost efficient.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    This is the first sulfur based wheel cleaner and is one of the best. I would really wanna see it be available in a bigger size to make it more cost efficient.
    I have heard this too and I'm just wondering where you found your information regarding it being sulfur-based? It's not in any of the sales copy on Autogeek and Autopia-Care Care. I've checked the Scholl's website (at least I think it was their website) and I did not see any reference to the chemical makeup of the wheel cleaner, nor any MSDS sheet or something of the like (the EU version) floating around on the website or Internet (every German company I've dealt with has had their MSDS information available on their website.)

I have seen a 5 liter version on websites outside the US, so hopefully it is just a matter of time before the 5L jug makes its way here! I just want some information before I make the purchase (mostly on effectiveness of the wheel cleaner and safety - on wheels and more importantly, us!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12