autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax - Real Carnauba in a SPRAY!

Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax - Real Carnauba in a SPRAY!

I came in bright and early this morning to give my Mazda a much-needed wash and a coat of spray wax. I'm very peculiar with spray waxes and always like trying the latest and greatest so I deemed this the perfect opportunity to give Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax a test drive.

Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax description

Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax is a quick and easy way to clean and protect your vehicle. Formulated using carnauba wax and synthetic polymers, Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax provides superb paint protect in the convenience of a spray. Light cleaners enable SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax to remove light dirt, dust and fingerprints. Carnauba-rich formula ensures the gloss provided is nothing short of the best.

Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax is formulated using the maximum amount of carnauba wax available in a spray. Scholl Concepts didn’t stop there! To ensure their spray wax lasts months instead of weeks, SW40 also contains synthetic polymers that work to reinforce the gloss and protection provided by the carnauba wax. Throw in some light cleaners and you have one of the most versatile spray waxes available – Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax!
    The first thing you'll notice about Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax is its high-quality sprayer. This sprayer shoots a fine mist of product and if you pull it on with some authority, it will shoot a more concentrated stream several feet. Pretty neat.

I always hear everyone talking about using a spray wax in "small amounts." Personally, I like to lay it on thick, for two reasons: Firstly, It's on Max's tab and secondly, I like to ensure even coverage. For that reason, I sprayed an ample amount of Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax on each panel. To make application quick and easy, I used two Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towels - one for wiping and one for buffing. This towel is perfect for spray waxes because it's not too thick or too thin.

Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax is noticeably thicker than most other spray waxes. When you spray it on the paint and distribute it with your towel, it doesn't flash like most other spray waxes - you can actually spread it around. A quick buff with a second towel removes any excess. I believe this is caused by the high content of real carnauba wax. By no means is this wax difficult to use.

Overall I was very impressed with the gloss and slickness provided by SW40. I'll grab some more sun shots this weekend so you guys can ohhhh and ahhhhh over them.

Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you think it compares to Meg's D156?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax - Real Carnauba in a SPRAY!

Interested to see beading pics and how well it holds up for what it is

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Nick !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review. I'm a spray wax junkie myself. I'm wanting to try this stuff pretty bad. Recently I started using Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, which is now in my top 3. The Sonax stuff is actually a pretty potent spray wax that is fairly long lasting and beads like crazy.

I'm wondering if used have tried the Sonax product and how it compares to that? Or if you could compare SW40 to another "spray wax" in slickness/application; like OCW, Aquawax, or Souverän Spray Wax. Did it remind you of any other spray "waxes"?

You commented on the sprayer being very good. So far, I'm pretty convinced 1Z has the best sprayer in the business. Did you like this sprayer more than the 1Z?

TIA.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical guys p40 works great too

Post Thanks / Like

still a big fan of the glow on carnauba imparts on paint ...

Scott

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Thanks for the review. I'm a spray wax junkie myself. I'm wanting to try this stuff pretty bad. Recently I started using Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, which is now in my top 3. The Sonax stuff is actually a pretty potent spray wax that is fairly long lasting and beads like crazy.

I'm wondering if used have tried the Sonax product and how it compares to that? Or if you could compare SW40 to another "spray wax" in slickness/application; like OCW, Aquawax, or Souverän Spray Wax. Did it remind you of any other spray "waxes"?

You commented on the sprayer being very good. So far, I'm pretty convinced 1Z has the best sprayer in the business. Did you like this sprayer more than the 1Z?

TIA.
    Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax didn't leave the surface particularly slick - it felt grabby actually. This is not a bad thing.

It has been raining non-stop the last couple days. Once it stops for a half hour I'll run outside and snap a couple pictures to show how well it beads water.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the sprayer head on this!!! I am excited to start trying out some of these Scholl products.