autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SON1C Synopsis 46 : Chemical Guys - Signature Series Wheel Cleaner Review

SON1C Synopsis 46

Chemical Guys has recently introduced a new line, their Signature Series line .. Imagine that, more products from Chemical Guys..

I'm personally sick of seeing so many products from them with negligible differences

Off the top of my head their other wheel cleaners are

diablo wheel and rim cleaner
    sticky wheel cleaner
    blue rim wheel cleaner
    signature series wheel cleaner (not other but included)
    and then you could argue apc and degreasers for wheel cleaning
    that would put you at 10 or more wheel cleaners..

I'm all for advancement of products, I hope they continue their research and design, but if all of their products are always "incredibly revolutionary stellar omg one day wacky sale buy now hurry!!!!"

Well.. how amazing are they if they have to keep phasing products out and introducing new ones?

Disclaimer --- I'm a huge fan of most of their soaps, big fan of their waxes, black light and v7 as well.
    Allclean+ too.
    SON1C Synopsis 21 : Chemical Guys - AllClean+ Review

All that aside here is my review of Chemical Guys Signature Series Wheel Cleaner ..

"We designed our new Signature Series Wheel Cleaner with advanced super cleaners that eliminate heavy brake dust. The all-new formula is 35% stronger to help remove road grime and filth to keep your wheels looking amazing."

Direct from product description, please keep this quote in mind as you view this pictures

I will say that I enjoy the styling of the Signature Series line

Product used at recommended dilution of 1:4

//

//

->

Decent smell, as claimed definitely smells and acts citrus based. Thin viscosity, very runny, CG recommends to spray down the wheels prior, however that made the product even more runny and further dilutes it thus decreasing its effectiveness, when I used it on an dry wheel it performed better.

I found Signature Series Wheel Cleaner to be an average product, it would be good for maintenance wheel cleaning on those with low dusting pads and who maintain their vehicles at least some what regularly, however for medium to heavy brake dust and grimy wheels I cannot see this packing much of a punch, on the rangers wheels (silver/alloy) the caked on grime was hardly removed by this product.
    Overall if this product is getting the job done for you, it is a good value with its relatively low cost and respectable 1:4 dilution however if you work on vehicles with trashed wheels I doubt you'll find much of a use for this.
    I was disappointed in this product.

Thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 46 : Chemical Guys - Signature Series Wheel Cleaner Review

Thanx for sharing mate !

Post Thanks / Like

I just used CG Diablo for the first time this weekend, and minus the citrus smell, I would have gave the exact same review for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review

Post Thanks / Like

What would you consider the best, most heavy duty, paint safe wheel cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sproketser View Post
    Thanx for sharing mate !
    Thanks for viewing mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron400 View Post
    I just used CG Diablo for the first time this weekend, and minus the citrus smell, I would have gave the exact same review for it.
    Yeah I would even take Diablo over this one --- must add that diablo does smell great haha, I'd like to see a HD wheel cleaner from CG and I'm sure they wouldn't mind putting out another product!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90sedan View Post
    Thanks for the review
    Thanks for viewing
    Quote Originally Posted by casvg5 View Post
    What would you consider the best, most heavy duty, paint safe wheel cleaner?
    I'm not 100% sold on one yet
    I enjoy Eco Touch Wheel cleaner on Medium duty wheel cleaning -- their new foamer works great
    I have been using Duragloss wheel cleaner with very good results, however it is awful to inhale and seems very chemical and somewhat acidic
    Sonax wheel cleaner is good, but it's a bad value imo
    Iron-x can be useful at times

So to answer your question at this point I would recommend duragloss wheel cleaner for heavy duty -- or an APC/Degreaser like allclean+ or grime reaper

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been looking at a bunch of threads and I see alot of people liking the Griots Garage HD wheel cleaner. Thats prob what im going to pick up next go around.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Thanks for putting it together.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I actually like this cleaner alot for maintaince cleaning. I have not tried it on a super dirty or baked on wheel

Post Thanks / Like
    As always thanks for sharing and reviewing! I'm a big diablo fan as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast