autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Montana 10" Boars Hair Brush - Does It Scratch?

I missed this earlier but definitely a super review!
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...I need to try soaking mine more....A word to the wise....Make sure you use an aluminium pole to prevent rusting. I used an old broom handle that was steel and noticed rust on the brush when I rinsed it. I believe I used something like this

Unger 4 ft. 5-in-1 Aluminum Floor Handle System-964520 at The Home Depot

Post Thanks / Like

This review is phenomenal. I have been wondering if this brush is worth the money and I couldn't justify it. But after this review, the soaking tip and the fact it could last a lifetime saves me money on grout sponges and other washing products.

I used to own a Rav4 and a 4Runner. I used (and still own) the Meguiar's Wash Mop. Since I don't have SUV's anymore, it just sits in the garage, but it was a well made wash mop.

Looks like another item to add to wish list along with a rim brush. I'm getting to a point of getting tired of buying brushes.

Thanks for your time and effort put into this review. Are you in marketing by chance? Maybe you missed your calling -Ed
    2013 Nissan Sentra SL (Arctic White)
    2013 Nissan Altima S (Metallic Grey)
    2012 Toyota Corolla S 5 speed (White)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
    This review is phenomenal. I have been wondering if this brush is worth the money and I couldn't justify it. But after this review, the soaking tip and the fact it could last a lifetime saves me money on grout sponges and other washing products.

I used to own a Rav4 and a 4Runner. I used (and still own) the Meguiar's Wash Mop. Since I don't have SUV's anymore, it just sits in the garage, but it was a well made wash mop.

Looks like another item to add to wish list along with a rim brush. I'm getting to a point of getting tired of buying brushes.

Thanks for your time and effort put into this review. Are you in marketing by chance? Maybe you missed your calling -Ed
    Marketing? No. Haha. I'm a retail pharmacist. The brush is great for trucks and vehicles with large panels. It fits good and feels good on your hand. I really like it a lot. It also works well on the pole. The smaller one is great for wheels and also very well built.

I use it on convertible tops and all vehicle glass as well during a 2BM. A couple swipes and you cleaned the whole windshield. I also likes that it rinses clean and nothing sticks to it.

I keep waiting to see these scratches its supposed to cause, but none yet. The only hairs that ever fall out of it is if I get one stuck in the windshield wipers and it gets ripped out, other than that no shedding. By the way, its also works well at cleaning the whole wiper, cowl, air intake vent area up where the wipers are at, and gets into those vents and into all the tight spaces. You just have to be careful not to get the hairs caught in the wiper arm pivots!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been tempted to use one of those to speed up a conventional wash. I don't have an SUV, just an Outback, but at barely 5' 7" I'm still going on and off a wet upside down spackle bucket. Great review. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review. I have a black Lexus LS and a white Lexus RX. You mentioned you use it every time you wash your SUV but do you also use it for every wash on your black BMW?

Kinda skeptical to use it on my black Lexus, which seems to have very soft paint, but your review is very compelling. I'm tired of using 2 wash mitts/sponges, scrubbing them on the Grit Guard in the rinse bucket, and then cleaning them thoroughly afterwards. Oh, and moving my step stool per section to clean the roof of my SUV.

Was considering buying a CarPro merino wash mitt but trying to convince myself to pick one of these up based on your review.

-Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leahcimp View Post
    Awesome review. I have a black Lexus LS and a white Lexus RX. You mentioned you use it every time you wash your SUV but do you also use it for every wash on your black BMW?

Kinda skeptical to use it on my black Lexus, which seems to have very soft paint, but your review is very compelling. I'm tired of using 2 wash mitts/sponges, scrubbing them on the Grit Guard in the rinse bucket, and then cleaning them thoroughly afterwards. Oh, and moving my step stool per section to clean the roof of my SUV.

Was considering buying a CarPro merino wash mitt but trying to convince myself to pick one of these up based on your review.

-Michael
    No. I haven't been using it on most of the BMW's paint. Only reason is it seems a bit to big for a car with such small panels (M Roadster), plus I bought a Wookies Fist to use just for that car only. But, I do use it on the convertible top, all glass, and the painted A pillars on that car (everywhere above hood-line). I also use Boar's Hair "paint brushes" on various areas of that car without issues.

I also use the Montana Boars Hair Wheel brush on the wheels exclusively. I paid a grand $ to get those wheels re-powder coated the way I want them and the brush hasn't left a scratch or a swirl on them. If I thought it scratched I would be using mitts or towels.

Kappy

Reading this review made me wonder if the Mother's Wheel Brush that I use would scratch a CD. Copy for the brush reads: "The feathered bristles are sturdy enough to knock stubborn grime out of the way, yet they will not scratch the wheel surface. The bristles are chemical resistant and flexible."

I tested the dry brush on a CD. Scratched like crazy. I sprayed the CD with Eco Touch wheel cleaner. Scratched like crazy.

Mothers Wheel Brush makes cleaning your wheels more comfortable with a rubberized grip. Clean your wheels with Mothers Car Care Products!

Looks like I might need a better brush.

Post Thanks / Like

You need one of these:

This is what I use and they don't scratch. Boar's hair bristles. The Mother's brush is likely nylon or similar, flagged ends or not, they can scratch delicate wheels.

Kappy

Yes I do. Thanks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast